𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝟐𝐚𝐦 𝐈𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐝

January 16, 1989
Madrid, Spain.

"Sade, I love you, but did we really have to come all the way to the other side of the world to celebrate ya birthday?" Quincy asked her, squinting his eyes as the sun showed them no mercy.

"Here he go with the whining." Audrey playfully rolled her eyes.

"Shut up!"

"What's the matter? Spain isn't your cup of tea?" Sade asked him.

"I mean its cool but damn, dealing with this heat all day ain't no joke. Then these horses getting on my damn nerves." He complained, trying to keep the brown horse from running off or kicking him in the damn stomach.

"You from Texas, heat and these horses shouldn't be nothing brand new to you." Desmond chimed in.

"Exactly." Sade agreed with his comment, both earning the middle finger from Quincy.

The singer was relieved that Desmond and Gino accepted her invitation to join them in Spain for her 30th birthday. She expected Desi to still be giving her the cold shoulder, after their somewhat intense conversation. He got over it though, not being able to nor wanting to stay mad at her for that long. The plan was for him to explain how he felt to her, and then move on. She apologized and he accepted it, simple.

He now wonders how their interactions will go, being that simple gestures would lead to another, and they might end up back where they started. Confused feelings and emotions being all over the place.

The voicemail she left him after his hectic night was quick but genuine, he felt. At this moment it ran through his mind "Desi, I'm honestly sorry if I offended you in any way. I don't want you to be upset with me over something like this, I've just been going through a lot these past months. I have to be honest and say anything regarding feelings and relationships are the furthest from my mind. Your a nice man, and I like you as you are, but let's remain friends for the moment. I don't want you having to deal with someone who's trying to figure out her crazy love life. You wouldn't deserve the outcome, trust me. I'm genuinely sorry though, and I still miss you, so call me."

The horses grumbling pulled him from his thoughts, and he glared over to see Sade already on top, saddled up and ready to ride. She had her hair slicked down in her famous ponytail, wearing her favorite hoop earrings with little to no makeup. She looked almost godly with her white top on, sitting on the horse looking as if she was a beautiful mythical creature. At least to him she did.

He stared at her with a sly smirk, until her horse started to stand on his hind legs, rearing "Woah!" Everyone said in unison, excluding Sade who seemed to stay calm

He stared at her with a sly smirk, until her horse started to stand on his hind legs, rearing "Woah!" Everyone said in unison, excluding Sade who seemed to stay calm. It looked as if she was gonna fall off, but she gripped onto the reins to stay on top.