𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐: 𝐃𝐞𝐣𝐚 𝐕𝐮

𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟔, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟎

𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟔, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟎

Today was Sade's 31st birthday, and the only thing on her mind was getting to the bottom of whatever this issue was with Stephaun. Since she was staying in New York for the time being, he couldn't just flat out ignore her, but it seems as if that's what he's been trying to do for days now. The most she could get out of him was a simple hello and a head nod, even while trying to hold a conversation with him that he didn't wanna be apart of.

It's clear as day that he was in his feelings about whatever was going on between Sade and Desmond, though the two never flat out confirmed a relationship. Regardless, it shouldn't be bothering him this much. He was just a friend, and it seems to slip his mind every time the singer had her sights on someone other than him.

Walking down the cold hallway, she approached his apartment door and took a minute for herself before actually knocking. She needed to have the annually serious talk with him, and just hoped things would go smoothly. Steph could be a very calm dude, but she and the rest of the group witnessed his blow ups every once in a blue moon.

Finally sending a couple of knocks to the door, she slid her hands back in her pocket and looked both ways down the hall. She was hoping she could get inside before anyone would step out their doors and take notice of Sade Adu standing in their hallway. She tried her best to be a bit low key though.

Hearing the locks turn, the door soon opened and revealed Stephaun on the other side holding a glass of alcohol "Hey." Sade greeted him.

"Wassup." He responded a bit dry with a straight face.

Before deciding to come over, Sade actually received a call from Stephaun, wishing her a happy birthday. The conversation was short and lacked enthusiasm, which was unusual being that Steph kept trying to rush his way off the phone.

"Can I come in?" She asked, which she never had to do before, but felt like she needed to ask at this moment.

"You ain't gotta ask that, you know you always welcomed here." He told her, leaving away from the door so she could let herself in.

Coming inside, she made sure to shut and lock the door completely. Steph went over towards the couch and took a seat, kicking his feet up and staring at the tv like he's been doing before she showed up. Sitting there in intentional silence for two minutes, Sade rolled her eyes at him trying to ignore her even being in the same room. They were two adults and she wished he would say what he have to say instead of distancing himself and pouting like a child.

"I have a bone to pick with you." Sade suddenly said.

"What did I ever do?" Steph asked in a monotone voice, not even looking at her.