Chapter Two

"Cheers" There was laughter,music and different chattering that filled the air. Zendaya was sitting together with her best friend and some acquaintance.....

Her best friend Gemini always never failed in celebrating anytime she quit doing something, It could be relationship, Work or whenever she stopped being friends with a person. 'Relationship?' I would say ever since her first love, She was no longer interested in anything related to love.

Today, she quit working at an eatery, She started working there because of her love of seeing people Happy whenever she made something but then again quitting does not mean she has let go of the reason she started working but things just didn't work out as planned.

Zendaya felt a tap on her shoulder as she turned.
"Hey bestie, So are we back to being unemployed or we have something else in mind"
When everyone heard what her best friend said they turned to listen to what she had to say.

"Nope, I'm back to being jobless I guess" She replied smiling then turned to the other people sitting on the table.
                   "Cheers"
Everyone laughed and picked up their glasses to cheers.
The two other people who was always there with her were also her friends just that she didn't chat with them  much.

After they enjoyed each other company and the food, They all dispatched to their various houses. Gemini decided to drop Zendaya off at her apartment.

"Don't forget to take some hangover medicine" Zendaya said to Gemini immediately she got down from the car
"Bye" Gemini waved at Zendaya before they she drove off. Zen walked into her apartment and sprawled on the couch, It's been long since she has time for herself since she was always working.

She searched for her phone in her bag and picked it up to make a call.
"Hello may" Said the voice from the other line with concern,
"Hello mom,did you come around?" Zen said as she stood up and walked up to the fridge to open it.

"Yes sweety, I dropped by to give you some side dishes but I can see you're handling yourself pretty well" she smiled as she closed the fridge and walked towards her room"Thanks mom and I told you before you don't need to worry about me"she always told her mom that but she never listened.

"How could I ? when you decided to move out of the house all the name of independence" Zen's mom stated with bitterness.

They always argue over her moving out"mom,what of sha-sha?"she asked trying to change the topic. Trisha is Zendaya's kid sis who for short is called sha-sha. "She's asleep and you can talk to her tomorrow" she answered "okay mom,love you and goodnight" she yawned "good night Darling" she said before she heard a beeping sound.

Kareena went to the bathroom to take a shower,she could handle her alcohol level pretty well that was why she was not as drunk as her bestie.

The next morning Zendaya's alarm rang,it was 5:30am. She quickly got off bed and changed into her black long sleeve crop top with joggers trouser she put on her socks and sneakers,so she could go for her routine jogging.

She always jogged early in the morning then return back home for breakfast. Zendaya's apartment was very conducive for her due to the surroundings and she could easily go to her favorite place. A bookshop,not just any bookshop but a cafe bookshop which is owned by a friend of hers.

After Zendaya jogged around and when she was done,she headed to the cafe. 'Hey Zen,you came immediately after jogging "said Kay who had just finished serving a customer. Kay is a friend of hers who was part of the two other that were at her quitting party like they would always call it.

" yeah,I need to get some novels remember?"she had mentioned it to him yesterday as she picked a novel from the counter. Heading off to get a sit at her favorite spot,near the window. Kay brought a glass of warm milk for Zendaya. It was zen's regular order.
"Yes of course, I remember" He said as he dropped the milk and grabbed a sit.
"Thanks" Zendaya said as she sipped the milk.

Kay and Zendaya have been friends since since highschool. Kay was more of the observant one in the squad's friendship. He was actually the owner of the cafe bookshop. Though Kay doesn't need to serve the customers, he ensures that he does so once a week so as to get feedback from them.
A customer walked in so Kay quickly stood up.

"Finish your milk and come collect the books" He hurriedly said as he walked up to the customer who had just taken his seat to take his order.

"I'll take this too" came her voice as she dropped the novel which she picked earlier on the counter "okay give me a sec" Kay answered as he immediately stood up to get something. coming back, he had a little bag with him filled with books.
"Thanks,I'll make sure to drop them off when I'm done" she said as she waved goodbye