Chapter Nine

Distance!

I hated that word.

Distance he need, that I gave to him. Not talking to him was the best thing I could do. I didn't want to be craving for him any longer. I felt foolish asking him the question that resulted us to this.
I cried hard because I wanted him bad.

Pathetic! I know.

I busied my self to make sure I didn't think about him. I was doing quite well,I really was until he came....
His friend actually, he came to meet me to ask about something I didn't quite remember. I went to look for it but I didn't have it I guess...

Only for him to leave and for me to find out that Dax had come with him. Not only had he come but was hiding from me. We were f*cking friends before I asked that question so why the hell did he have to behave like that. I made sure to ignore him like he never existed.

That was hell how he wanted this to go,else he wouldn't have hidden from me. I continued doing what I was only to use my side eye to look and saw that he was looking at me.
I smirked to myself but still I ignored him.

I finally decide to visit where he resided,since I had friends over there and he won't be the reason why I wouldn't go see them. I also didn't want things to be obvious and embarrassing.

I forgot...

Almost forgetting what I had decided earlier due to the fact that I was into watching some funny Asian drama. I stood up,got dressed and headed out. On getting there he was not around,thank god.

I talked to my friend and later decided to visit Zahid. Zahid Is Dax's friend but also a friend of mine too. He gets me so damn well as I get him too. We could understand each other just with facial expressions only.

The one I could talk too when Dax was acting out. I visited him at Dax's place cause he was visiting for a while. I just sat there,watching my movie,I knew he was studying me but I said nothing.
The silence became awkward and only the sound coming from the video I was watching was heard.

I looked at him and the only thing that could come out from my mouth was
“he said he needed space” he smiled.

He always know when something is wrong. I explained every detail of what had happened and then he sat down next to me. Zahid had something he wanted to say so I keep quiet for him to reply me.

“I knew something was wrong” he watched me closely “ I came back and met Dax sad and I asked him,the only thing he said was that you were angry at him” he stated.

“what? He said he need space” I corrected.

“he said you were not talking to him and that you were angry. Dax also mentioned that you guys saw each other and you ignored him ”he continued.

I opened my mouth,only to close it due to lack of words.
“He was sad and I've never seen him like that before” my heart skipped, Zahid could be fooling me but this actually melted my heart.

“Don't be like me” he started and I smiled knowing fully well what he was talking about.

“I did or couldn't ask the girl I asked out and now I am regretting it. Don't lose what you guys have now or else” he didn't finish but I knew quiet well the unsaid answer.

He left me inside to dwell upon what he had said. I continued watching the movie and not long after HE came.

POV

Today, Zen had promised her mom that she would be coming over. Preparing some dishes and gifted she would take,it being a long time since she visited.
Packing every thing up, she decided it was time to head out. She had texted Gem earlier about their hangout with Nicklaus. They had to fix a date which perfectly fits Gem's time. About leaving home,she locked the door and was about to head out when she received a message.

The message....

The message that made her stay at home, one she had been expecting when Nick first messaged her.

Her acceptance letter, this made her jump that she hit the boxes her neighbour had left outside. Everything tumbling, she quickly picked them up,only to find out that one of the boxes where ripped. Picking out a sticky note and a pen.

         “Sorry about the boxes,I bumped into them by mistake. Please do so not to leave boxes lying around.

                                    ~Thanks”
Placing it on the top box to leave,she left.
A door clicked open,only to see the sticky note that had been left there. looking for who might have left it,only to see the faint of a blue top or dress.

Zendaya had arrived at her mom's place a while later and found out that she wasn't home only her sister.
Sha-sha had been watching a movie when she saw her sister.

“Hey!where is mom?” zen asked glancing around like this was the first time she had been there.
“She went to the market, we ran out of stock” Sha-sha replied taking the bag out of Zen's hand. Searching the bag and taking out the snacks I brought them,only to leave the bag anyhow.

“Arrange those things immediately ” I commanded her,to which she sadly did,not that it bothers me.
“where were you the day mom called me?” I began asking my sister of what my mom had complained about.

“ I went to a friends place to go do my assignments ” she replied.

“ without letting her know? You quite well know that she only has you to watch over her. Why weren't you picking your phone when she called?”
I asked ,I was angry at her but could not really show it.
“ It was on silent and I did not know she had call” she said nonchalantly.
I was furious but I didn't want to hit her,breathing in and out to calm my self.

“Don’t let it happen again” I demanded to which she nodded.

——————————————————

Hello everyone,thanks for reading till this extent. please feel free to correct me of any error.

Please don't forget to follow ✔➕
Vote ⭐
And leave a review or question📜📝

Love you guys alot 💅

Thanks