Chapter Three

Zendaya freshened up,had breakfast, then went to the living room to read one of the novels she had collected this morning.
Her phone rang,so she quickly stood up to go get it from the dinning table she had left it on earlier. She pick it up,looking at the name displayed on the screen,she picked the phone.

"Hey!Zen" said the voice from the other line,it was obviously Gem. "Gem,how're you ?" She said as she walked back to the living room.

 "Gem,how're you ?" She said as she walked back to the living room

"I'm good, I sent you a package" Gem said with excitement"Huh? A package?"The door bell rang 'Ding dong' She stood up to go check the door and see if it was the delivery man"Surprise" Gem screamed immediately zen opened the door "Shhh, Gosh you st...

"Huh? A package?"
The door bell rang 'Ding dong' She stood up to go check the door and see if it was the delivery man
"Surprise" Gem screamed immediately zen opened the door
"Shhh, Gosh you startled me and besides come in before the neighbours think there is a commotion going on" Zendaya said as she pulled her inside, putting down slippers for her to wear. Gemini immediately closed the door.

"What brings you here?" Zen inquired as she went to meet her in the dinning.
"Am I restricted from coming here" Gem said with an hint on sadness in her voice.

"N... No... No that wasn't what I meant, C'mon, I only asked because you are supposed to be at work" She replied as she joined her in bringing out some of the things from the leather bag.
"I'm the boss, Remember? And how on earth do you expect me to leave you all alone and bored... Rule no 7" Gem said smiling sheepishly knowing fully well that she can't be scolded because rule no 7- 'Always see each other at least 3× a week no matter how busy you are'

"Okay, Besides, Rule no 13" She said stretching her palms to gem.
Rule no 13- 'Splitting of bills except on special occasions'.
Gem puts her hand into the leather bag and brings out a small piece of paper.

"Here" She hands Zendaya the receipt of everything she brought. Zen made the calculations and sent gem her part of the bill.
"Now that's settled" She said dropping her phone on the table.
"Kay told me you were at the cafe" Gem said as she took some snacks and they both headed to the living room.
"I went to get some novels" She replied to her pointing at the books on the couch.

"Oh nice" She said and quickly dropped the snacks on the table, Sat down and started going through the novels one after the other.

"No..No...No...., You can go and get yours"Zen said as she collected them from her and sat down.
" But we could just take turns instead, I like your preference, You know that"Gem replied as she sat next to her, snatching the books from her.
"okay but no spoilers ?" Zen asked cause she's quite aware of the series of rimes that Gem had spoilt novels or movies for her "fine..." Gem said raising her hand in mode of surrender.

They both laid down back on the couch but quite opposite each other as they read their novels and dipped into the snacks that Gem had bought earlier.

"Grrr...grrr..." the vibration of a phone was heard. They both looked at each other before confirming whose phone it was."it's mine" Gem said as she looked at the screen of her phone which was on the table. She quickly grabbed the phone to answer the caller.

"Hey, what's good?" She asked immediately after picking the phone. Zen continued reading her novel and allowed Gem to make her phone call."okay thanks, I'll get back to you definitely " Gem said before hanging up.

Gem turned towards Zen kicking her a bit to get her attention, "I have been invited over by you know who?" Smile plastered on her face as she asked"th...the guy, the model or musician you mentioned the other day right?" Zen replied sitting up.

"Yes,and....he may have asked me to come over with a friend of mine and I may have agreed" she said sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her neck.
"You..you...what?" Zen said almost jumping off the seat.

"I'm sure you heard the first time" Gem said as she pulled her friend back to a sitting position.
"Yeah,Kay might be free" she cleared her throat and laid back down to continue her novel.
"You know who I'm talking about Zen" she said as she pulled down the book covering Zen's face,acting cute and all.

"I'm sure you're quite sure I hate stuffs like this" Zen said firmly.
"I also know that you've been drifting away from guys since your breakup" sadness could clearly be seen in her eyes.
"I've not"she fired back,"I don't think so..."Gem said slyly with a smirk."you need to meet someone else to get over him"she continued

" and whose philosophy is that?"Zen asked " we are not gonna skip the topic Zen,Are you still in love with him? "She asked with curiosity.
" O...obviously not"Zen stammered.

"Don't sound like it..." Came Gem's answer."fine,if going along will dissuade you from thinking I still have feelings for him then I will"she said with a tone of defeat.
______________________________________
Hey guys!
I have yet another book that I'm writing...

Very exquisite and interesting...

MY FANTASY by Niteraso
If this novel keeps you going and interesting then my fantasy is on another whole different level.