Chapter Five

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't;remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.
~EPICURUS

Zen's POV

We got served food on our table, making us get to know each other as we ate. Watching Logan talk,I noticed he fit the quote "life of the party". 'He suits Gem so well' I thought. Nicholas had made sure to make small talks along the way but I felt he was a man of few words.

The waiter came around and Logan asked for the bill and made payments." Thanks for the meal"I said as we made our way out."yeah,it was not bad hanging around"Gem commented.

"no problem"Logan replied.

I felt a hand grip my arm softly, as we arrived at the parking lot."can I talk to you?" Nicholas said almost immediately.
I turned to look at Logan and then Gem,who gave me a reassuring nod. We moved a little bit away from listening ears,"okay, what did you wanna talk about?" I asked now looking up to meet his gaze. "Can I have your digit and maybe we could hangout sometime" pulling out his phone from his pocket, he stretched his hand towards me. I could help but laugh,inputting my 'digit' like he said.

"thanks" he said putting the phone back. " no worries,just as long as I don't get weird messages " I replied cause someone needs to know the drill. laughing nervously, he nodded as we went back to join the others.
Gem had finished her little chitchat with Logan as we returned.
"call me when you get home" Logan reminded Gem as we walked back to her car.

We drove back home in a comfortable silence but Gem could only drop me at the entry, she had to get back to work. Knowing silently that she just wants to keep me company, but I guess being a boss doesn't mean you can loiter.
Walking up to my apartment I noticed a few boxes in front of the next room and some men lifting a chair into the apartment.

Pressing in my pass code 'i guess someone is moving next door' I thought. Opening the door,I pulled out a flip flop from the Minnie shelf and put it on.

POV

Walking tiredly to her room,Zen removed her makeup and got into something comfortable. She made her way to the living room and sprawled on the couch. Checking her phone for any message but still none,sighing,she went to plug it.

Gem had arrived at the office to get some things done. She had a lot of work piled up since she has kept herself away for a while.

Gem is the heiress to the famous 'Winston Empire' she keep her details low profile but her being an heiress doesn't make her like all those arrogant,sophisticated,rich ladies. Gem is the down-to-earth kind of person, attending business parties has always been a strain to her.

She took over the fashion line of their business, Gem seems like she loves makeup but guess just as a hobby.
Making sure she attends to all outstanding load,busying herself.

Taking about 'busy' which is quite what zen has been trying to do all day.
Reading novels,baking,social media,job hunting, what the hell has she not done yet.

Romance? No... no... Just in novels,for now. Not long into reading her novels,her phone rang. While grumbling she goes to pick it up, it was an unknown number.

"Hello! Zendaya speaking " she asked with hope.

"hey Zen, it's Nicholas " he started.

"oh! Nick,how are you?" disappointment visible in her voice.

" Did I call at a bad time?" he asked

"Nope,Just was expecting another call" Gem ensured.

"your boyfriend maybe?" his question came in a low voice and she guessed he was talking to himself but she heard it.

"No,a job acceptance call. " Zen assured him.

"oh! I guess I have nothing to worry about then" he commented,which left her astonished?

Letting off an awkward laughter she asked again " how are you... Nick? If you don't mind"

" I surely don't, been fine,just wanted to check up on you and also make sure you saved my number " he stated.

" I surely will" Zen answered not actually knowing what to say.

"can we add each other up on social media,it seems to be the most comfortable " Nick laid out.

" sure, why not" she said.

'oh! No!' she thought. She's never actually good at making phone calls and dealing with messages was the worst amongst all. Gem is most definitely perfect for this stage 'talking stage' like she would call it. She has just so many slangs for what she does,such a cutie.

"okay then,I'll text you later,bye" he said hurriedly

"Bye" she said before she heard the beeping sound. Zen never really knew she had been storing a heavy breath until she sighed.

This so called stage is gonna be the hardest,Zen lamented, walking back to pick up from where she stopped.

************************************
Interviewing cast

Zendaya May McKAY :- "my relationship with gem?"

Hmmm...

"It's been great and with some up and down. we tell each other almost everything, she's really the person I needed in my life. She's exceptionally sweet and my push"

Except.

"I just feel that she spending too much on me,makes me feel like am leeching on her.
I make sure we both spend equal amount tho"

Last question.

"Rules?" I asked unsure.

"oh!.... The rules,we kinda made a friendship rule. You know with her being rich and all"

"We just kinda felt it was going to keep a balance in our friendship ".