Chapter Six

POV

Zen kept herself busy with reading novels,watching movies and many more. She was so intrigued with watching her movie,that she couldn't catch well if her phone was ringing.

Reducing the volume of the TV, she made her way to pick up her phone.
“hey mom... How are you?” she asked,heading back to the couch.

“ I'm sorry for not calling and I'm fine” she replied.

“I'll do well by talking to her,maybe I should just come over during the weekend? ” she asked

“okay bye...love you ” she finished before cutting the call.

“Siblings are the most stressful ” she said to herself,charging her phone back. Her mom had called her to complain about her younger sister and now she has to meet her.

It's been a while since she did,guessing this is also an opportunity. Spending a little time with sha-sha during her break could be worth it.

Going back to watching her movie,she started hearing noise on the wall. The new neighbour seemed to be hammering on something.
‘ I hope this isn't some kind of troublesome neighbour ’ she thought.

It's been a while since she had the interview, constantly waiting for a call but none seems to be entering. Giving up seems to be the only reliable mode now.

Graduating as a Business management student,she applied to work at the marketing department of a well known Foodies industry. She really loves business but also not knowing the stress of the marketing department.

Sitting down idle,watching movie,reading novel and sleeping are things a lot of people will kill for but not Zen who want to keep herself overflowing with income. Having series of imaginations of running a fully developed business of hers.

Zendaya surely is skilled but not perfect.
‘Jack of all trades and master of none ’ suits her so well.
Hopefully if she gathers her savings a lot more it could help her.

Looking at the time,she stood up to go make lunch. She has just been munching on snacks through out.
She made fried noodles and chicken,with veggies. After eating,she brought out some sliced fruits for dessert.

Rubbing her stomach,she felt full and satisfied. She picked up her phone which was fully charged to check if she had any messages. She wouldn't be shocked if she doesn't, cause only Gem,Kay and Nia(Sonia), sometimes sha-sha would send messages to her using her mom's phone.

Pinnng....

She heard almost immediately.

She really did get a message.

Pinnng....

Two messages,WOW. She was surprised, the first one was from Gem asking if they could hang out with the others later.

‘sure,at the usual?’ she replied asking.

‘yeah,cool👌’ She got back immediately.

The other one was from you know who.
Nick? Yeah it was him.
‘hey mama,how are you?’he texted.
She zoned out.

MAMA? A nickname? Really?

I'm good papi’ was what Gem would have replied but Zen?

‘I'm good and you?’ Zen replied.

‘bored,can we hang out prolly sometime soon?’ he asked

‘with your friend too’ he followed

‘yeah,sure. why not. ’ she answered.

She screamed,jumping around like a little kid who has been offered a free ticket to the amusement park. When she realised how childish she was acting,she covered her mouth and looked around in embarrassment, hoping no one saw her.

Waiting for his reply

‘cool,what are you up to?’ he asked.

Now she did want to continue the conversation. What's wrong with her? She does know.

But still....

‘nothing much, lazing about? ’ she replied.

‘you said you were bored. Why is that?’

Thinking for a while,she hit the send button. Was she prying, she asked herself. He probably isn't jobless as she is right?

She waited.....

And waited.

No reply,she went offline herself.

Growling,she slumped into the couch. Such a waste of time to be so into texting a man. Nick was different, she knew it but he was also similar in sort of a way with her ex.

Remembering her ex again,she grumbled. She really has to let go of every piece of feeling she had but can she really forget those good an bad memories she had with him?

——————————————————
Question:- Who is Sonia?

Sonia is Zendaya's friend and we would be meeting her in the next chapter.

Question:- Is Nicklaus really Jobless?

Also,we would be seeing that in the next chapter.

Watch out for the next chapter.

Hope you guys are enjoying the book...
Don't forget to follow...

Vote by clicking ⭐

Leave your comments and questions 📜
Love you guys so much❤