Chapter Eleven

We accept the love we think we deserve. Instead, we are suppose to deserve the love we accept. ~Niteraso.

I was friends with them both,actually Nia has been a good friend of mine who I could say was Dax's neighbour. It was quite obvious that she was into Dax's friend Zahid.
Anytime Zahid was around, they would be seen together. Dax at times would ask that we give them privacy.
Dumb of them both.
They never actually talk about their feelings with each other. I spoke to Nia and it was fruitless.

“Why can't you guys just date?” I approached.

“Coz...coz... He doesn't seem ready” she answered.

“You know he likes you,you know he knows you like him. Why then wait? ” I asked,curiosity obvious in my eyes.

“You're not expecting me to ask him out.. Are you?”Squinting and looking at me with suspicion, I nodded. She has been giving excuses on him being Islamic and what have you.

“I don't see anything bad with that... You could also drop hints ” I chipped.

“You honestly  believe in a girl asking out a boy” she asked with disbelief.

“Only if the mutual feelings are obvi like yours...”

“I won't embarrass myself into asking him out. since it obvious, I guess he should know what to do” she replied.

“Are you f**king with me right now. ” I grumbled.

Dax and he's other friends had been teasing Zahid about him not asking her out and when I had spoken with him, he gave excuses of him not knowing how to ask girls out since they always ask him out. That he hasn't really had a really nice relationship I guess,I don't quite remember the detail but then he wouldn't ask her out was the conclusion.

They are really frustrating but the most interesting thing was Nia's statement. “If he isn't interested in asking me out,I would accept the request of the friend I told you about..”

Zen's POV

It came to me as a shock that he actually texted. Not that I had any issue with it. I glanced at the message for a while,wondering what to reply.

“I’m fine....
  Same to you.
  What about you?”

Came my simple text to him. To be friends with an ex wouldn't hurt. I made a copy of the message and sent it to Gem. To which she squealed at,with her numerous emoji.
We made up a plan on meeting at my place for dinner. Tho we have our little quitting party,celebrating my Job acceptance was worth a get together.

Texting on our group chat on what had been said and what they should bring on their way coming. Turning on the music and connecting it with a Bluetooth speaker, I made my way into the kitchen.

My friends were big eaters and Letting them know it was held at my apartment, they would make sure their stomachs were empty. The perks of having a mother who does catering.

Swaying my hips and humming to the tune of the song,I had already chopped down all the preparations needed to start any necessary cooking.
I was going to make,salad,fried rice, grilled chicken,pineapple black bean guacamole,Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. I already had home made cheese crackers that mom had given me, Nia loves French fries,so I'll make some. Gem was bringing popcorn and some pizza, I guess she might be sleeping over. Kay was bringing wine and Nia was bringing a spoon.

Just joking...

Nia was gonna bring some junk I saw at her house which I really craved. This was gonna be keeping me a little busy till they arrive but to my utmost surprise I heard the door bell ring.

They knew my pass code so why won't they enter, peeking out my kitchen. I washed my hands and walked to the door, only to see it was no one.
Puffing out air,I walked back inside.

************************************
Sorry for posting late,been writing a short story for a romance contest. This actually give me another insight on how to leave curiosity at the end of every chapter.
You can read, it is posted out XXX is the name of the novel.

Please don't forget to follow ✔➕
Vote ⭐
And leave a review or question📜📝

Love you guys alot 💅

Thanks