Chapter 85

{The Same Day as Chapter 82, 84, and 83}

~Atsushi's Pov:~
"Hey, Atsushi. Could you help me with looking for the best soil at the store?" Kenji walked over to my desk.

"The best soil? I don't know anything about gardening." I looked at Kenji, "Why would you need help with that?"

"O-oh, usually Finch would look at the soil and pick what he thought was the best one. Without him, I have no idea what to choose." Kenji smiled.

"Oh.. Maybe I could help you later?"

"Okay!" He walked away.

I looked at the desk.

Things have been a little different lately ever since L/n and Finch have been gone. I'm not even sure if they'll ever return.. The President has been worried as well.

Everyone seems so down.

Kunikida still acts strict and serious, but I can tell he blames himself for snapping at L/n.

Yosano has been going shopping alone now, if anyone else asks if they can tag along, she says no. I guess she only liked it whenever L/n would go with her.

Kyouka never really got to know L/n all that well. But she wishes she'd take her out for tofu if she ever came back.

Junichiro and Naomi sometimes talk about it outside of work. I once heard them walking down the hallway and talking about if L/n would return or not.

Dazai has been bored because he'd usually team up with L/n to make Kunikida angry. She always had the best ideas.

Ranpo's been asking others to go buy snacks and drinks from the store because he'd usually ask L/n and Finch to.

The President has been waiting near the couches to see if L/n would return. She hasn't.

I think Kenji might be missing L/n and Finch the most. He would always call her over and show her new things he's planted or he'd ask her what they did back in her foreign country. I once saw her pat his head and he smiled. It was almost like he was a mother figure to him..

I liked L/n. She was nice. I don't really understand what the Agency really thought of her. But it's only been 2 days, and I could see the difference with and without her in the Agency.

Now that I also think about it.. She always got a job done well.. Like that one time where we had to stop that bomb and.. Wait. And that Port Mafia Executive.

I remember him. Wasn't his name.. Chuuya Nakahara?Yeah, that sounds familiar. I think he was a friend of L/n. Wait a minute... Why would L/n even be interacting with the Port Mafia? I never thought about it much before.. But now that I'm thinking of it.. They seemed like good friends.

I think at some point I caught him staring at her.

{Flashback}
We were inside the restaurant and I took a small sip of the apple juice Nakahara had ordered for me.

I noticed he was staring at L/n for a long minute. He wouldn't look away at all. It was like he was staring like an idiot.

I noticed his gaze softened as he kept on staring at her. He noticed I caught him staring and his wide eyes quickly looked at the table.
{Flashback Over}
I wonder if they've known each other for a long time and if they're still friends now.

"Hey, Atsushi. Could you stop thinking about things other than work and do your assignments?" Kunikida cut me out of my thoughts.

"O-oh, yes." I looked at the papers in front of me. I began doing my work.