Chapter 28

~Y/n's Pov:~
I was sitting beside Yosano. She was looking at the cameras.

After encountering Lovecraft and John, we came back here.

Now I'm bored as ever.

"President.." I looked at him, "Could I just watch outside the place?"

"That's too big of a risk. Someone could see you out there." Fukuzawa said.

I sighed. "Yes sir.."

"Actually...why not?"

I smiled. "Thank you, President!"

~Time Skip~
I was outside the tunnels staring at the sky.

It's about to be sunset..

"Ability: The Hazel Wood."

"I have been exploring so many places in your little world!" Finch exclaimed, "Turns out, two levels look the exact same!"

"Glad you're having fun.." I mumbled sarcastically.

Suddenly, I heard a loud explosion.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" Me and Finch shouted in unison.

"Finch! Go check, now!" I shouted.

Finch flew up in the air. He flew back on my shoulder.

"What's going on?!"

"Fitzgerald's other plan, about 20% of Yokohama are being controlled by Yumeno Kyusaku's ability Dogra Magra! They've gone berserk!"

I ran towards the screaming.

~Time Skip~
I ran down Yokohama. My eyes went wide.

The buildings were burning and vehicles were crashed. People we're screaming and running away.

I continued running until I noticed someone.

It was a little girl. She had brown hair and a red shirt with blue shorts. She was on the concrete crying.

I ran over to her, "Hey!"

She looked at me with teary eyes.

Her hair was messy and blood was on her face. Now that I see her, she was about 5 or 6.

She reminded me of myself whenever I was younger..

"Where are your parents?" I asked her calmly.

"I can't find my mommy!" She cried.

A woman was charging at us. She lunged at me. She was being controlled by the ability. I kneed her stomach and caught her before her head could hit the ground. I gently put her down.

I looked at the little girl, "C'mon!" I picked her up and began running. "Finch, check for other survivors!"

"I'm on it!" He flew off.

"What's your name?" I asked the little girl who wrapped her arms tightly around my neck. I was holding her by the waist.

"K-kasumi!"

"Okay, Kasumi. I'm Y/n! Where was the last place you saw your parents?"

"M-my Mommy tried to hurt my Papa and he ran away! I let go of his hand!"

"Okay, once we find them, we'll-"

I noticed another kid all alone. A little boy.

Finch flew to my shoulder, "I found more!"

"We're on survivor duty, got it?!" I looked at Finch.

He nodded.

I stopped by the little boy.

He looked up at me.

~Time Skip~
"Found another one!" Finch shouted.

I had about, I don't know... 12 children with me.

They were all holding hands making sure they all stayed together. Kasumi was holding my hand. I was carrying a toddler.

One of the citizens being controlled by the ability grabbed one of the children. I kicked the citizen's stomach and grabbed the kid's hand and made him hold Kasumi's. "Hurry!"

"I think that's all of them!" Finch flew to my shoulder.

"This is Yokohama, Finch! Do you really think there isn't any more-"

"Keep the chaos under control! If this keeps up, we won't have anywhere else to do business! Protect it with your life!" I heard a familiar voice shout.

I looked to my left to see The Port Mafia. Workers, The Black Lizard.. maybe more people. Civilians were with them.

I spotted Chuuya. He was the one who had been shouting. His eyes met mine.

"Papa!" Kasumi shouted.

One of the civilians looked at Kasumi. "KASUMI!"

She ran over to him and he embraced her in a hug.

Other kids had spotted their parents.

I still had the toddler in my hands. He was about maybe.. 3? No.. 2? I don't know.

Now, I only had the little boy with me.

I sighed in relief whenever I saw the little kids reunite with their parents.

The toddler was crying in my arms.

"Can you find mommy or daddy?" I said to him.

He looked up at me while crying.

"Hey, it's alright!" I gave him a smile. "We'll find them! Don't worry."

I realized that none of the civilians were his parents.

"Alright, Finch. We're still on survivor and reunion duty!" I looked at him.

He nodded and we both began running again.

~Time Skip~
"Where are your parents?" I mumbled. We had stopped and I was looking around.

The little boy was squeezing Finch tight. Finch was wheezing.

Suddenly, a pink smoke filled the sky.

"Oh, won't you look at that.." I mumbled.

"Seems Dazai and Atsushi solved it!" Finch managed to choke out through wheezes.

A woman began running towards us.

"Mama!" The little boy exclaimed.

"Takeo!" The woman exclaimed as well.

I gave the little boy to her.

The woman held Takeo tight with tears in her eyes. She looked at me, "Thank you so much, mam!"

I smiled. "It wasn't a problem."