{Chapter 12}

Cooper (my bae)

If this chapter is weirdly written, don't question. I've been talking to a lot of roadmen recently.

Loving him was red.

I'm surprised when there's a knock on the door. I didn't expect Maeve to actually come after everything, and when she walks through the bedroom door I smile uncertainly, not wanting to scare her off. Even if we're mad at her, our chances of getting through this shit is a lot higher with her. Unless she betrays us again.

She uncertainly sits down next to the vacant space next to Janae, looking more uncomfortable than I've ever seen her.

"Can someone please tell me why I'm here?"

When everyone stays silent, I realise I'm the one who has to answer. Cheers.

"Addy got a Simon Says. We've found your sisters ring on the driveway and a note with blood all over it, got sent a video of someone, likely Bron, getting mad whacked and we need your help." I say. Better to get it all out in one.

"What the fuck?" Maeve screams, and I put my finger to my lips.

"Shhh."

"Show me." She says.

Nate pulls the ring and the note out of his pocket, handing them over to Maeve. She examines them for a couple minutes, biting her lip when her eyes scan over the initials underneath the writing, then looks up at Nate again.

"The video?"

"Oh yeah." He takes picks up his phone off the floor and unlocks it. I can see the pain in his eyes as he's scrolling through pictures, and as he hovers over one in particular. Bronwyn's got her head on Nate's shoulder, and he has his lips pressed against her hair while she smiles at the camera. His hands shake as he scrolls across until he finds it. He hands it over to Maeve silently and leaves the room. I'm deciding whether to follow him or not, but Addy shakes her head at me. He'll come back, he just needs time.

Maeve's face falls as she watches the video, looking at the unmistakably Bronwyn features. Oddly, she doesn't look surprised, or confused. Just sad.

When the sound fades out and the light shining on Maeve's face darkens, Janae turns her face away again. We sit in silence, until a text tone comes from the middle of the phone where Nate's phone lies. Addy pales and I instantly shout.

"Nate!."

I hear footsteps coming from down the hallway and Nate opens the door, looking confused. His eyes are raw and red.

"Check your phone." I don't register who says this.

  Time seems to slow as Nate picks up his phone, then drops it, running out the room. I look at his phone to see what it is, but the Simon Says has already disappeared. I follow Nate downstairs to check he isn't doing anything stupidly dangerous. I know he'd do anything for Bronwyn.

When I enter the room, im shook. There's blood everywhere. I look at Nate and I gasp.

It's a slay icl anyway vote or Nates gonna cheat on bron with Fiona again!