{Chapter 15}

Cooper

Long live

I go with my normal morning routine, like any other day.

I wonder if I'm next. What my dares going to be.

As I step out of the door and into the early morning breeze, a calm wind ruffling my hair.

I run on the same route as usual, jumping every time my phone buzzes. The fourth time I pick it up to check, my heart drops. No WhatsApp notification, or Instagram. Just a couple sentences in the middle of my Lock Screen.

"Simon says end your run there" I breathe out a sigh of relief, until I look at the sentence underneath.

"Joking. Don't think I'd go that easy on you.
Hit Addy in the face."

Shit.

I can't hit Addy. I cant. Even if I tried, she's way too small and fragile, I know I couldn't bring myself to do that.

But then I think about Bronwyn, just as small, being stabbed to death by a figure with a blank face. Screaming, crying.

Dying.

Then it hits me.

It's only going to get worse.

Maybe to the point we have to kill each other, but by that point, we'll be too far in. At some point, we're going to turn against each other.

Simon says just told me to hit Addy, what do I do?

Within seconds, I get a reply.

Drug tunnel. Now.

As I approach I see Nate's floppy blonde hair and - oh shit - that's Addy's.

I see Nate too, and I give him a death stare as he widens his eyes innocently.

"Hurry up then, cooper." Addy says. I look at her with a question mark basically hanging over her head and realise Nate's already told her.

"I can't do it, Addy."

"Cooper just do it. One punch is better than Bronwyn dying."

"No" I say, but before I can finish she grabs my hand and punches herself unnecessarily hard on the eye.

Nate looks at her in surprise.

Ok this chapter was really bad so I'm ending it here and going onto another chapter