[Ch. 7]

Kronos flashed us to the very top of the fortress. And he just couldn't let me go even after the traveling thing. Maybe he didn't want me to get hurt? I don't know...

 Campers had already arrived at the top of the fortress.

"What should we do?"

"We can't just die here! This is just the start!"

"I don't want to fight with the Titan-"

 Kronos cleared his throat, making everyone jump.

"I'm sorry if I didn't let you think about this situation. We didn't have much time to do that. I'm really sorry about that. But we can't just let the rest of the... Olympians lose in this game. It's not that I forgave them entirely, but I just can't imagine how Ouranos would ruin this world. You know what? I hate him. I loathe him. I would never forgive him for everything he did... NEVER. So that's the reason why I'm fighting for.

"You might now ask me what to do, and what position you have to be in. Yeah, this thing is also my fault, because I was busy planning other things first. I will add 'arranging the campers' in my to-do list after this battle ends. So, the first thing you should do is being at the position you want to be. If you're suited to archery, then make a group with your fellow archers. If you are a swordfighter, you'd better run all the way down the fortress and fight the monsters all your might.

"For the ones who are suited to planning - I mean, the children of Athena - might just stay here with me since I've got some work for you to do. Believe me, there's a lot. And for others... just try your best. Let's just hope that no one dies in this battle."

 Kronos searched for my eyes, and he grinned at me. The way I love him...

"Hey, so it means that I should join the sword-whatever party?" I asked.

"Whatever," he said, seriously not caring about me being in the battle or not. "I will not just let you stick to me just because it would be dangerous. Sometimes, you have to dare to do something risky."

"Then... wish me good luck."

 He waved me a good-bye, and I was about to run the way to the first floor. But suddenly, he stopped me. His steady breath made me feel so hot.

"Good luck," he said as he kissed me right on the spot. "And I'm never going to let you die."

 He snapped his fingers, and I was transported to the first floor without even going down the stairs. This was when I felt so grateful to have such a cool boyfriend who always cares about me and tries to protect me in every ways.

 Percy was looking at me, wide-opened, probably because I took the VIP seat. Yeah, Percy, this is what you get when you are the most awesome girlfriend of the most handsome Titan.

"Wha-"

"Percy, your left," I said, rolling my eyes. He dodged the first attack from the pack of the monsters.

 I glanced at the sky, and knew that they were somewhere in this place. Maybe they were waiting for us to overuse our energy in battling the monsters so it would be easier to defeat us. And I just couldn't let my friends dying by my side. I just can't see that happening again.

 Oh, Jamie. I already promised you that I won't let anyone die in this battle. Kronos asked inside my mind, reading all my thoughts.

Really? I asked.

I promise. I won't let them know that I've got some kind of problem with Luke.

Kronos... I didn't have any other words to say.

Watch your right, Jamie! He shouted suddenly.

 I looked at my right, and saw a hellhound jumping at me.

"Yikes!" I shouted as I swung my sword wide enough to cut its head off. They fell into a pile of dust.

 Tell Percy and others to go to right side to cover your right side. You have to go to left side alone sadly. I want to help you, but I am already starting to plan things to keep this battle straight to our benefits.

 Kronos' voice rang in my head. As I kept myself in defending position, I noticed that Percy was killing all the monsters with just a swift move. When his eyes met mine, I gasped because his eyes were dark. Percy Jackson was angry. And the reason why? Does he still hate Kronos? Even after what he had done for us?

 Anyway, I looked at him and screamed all my might, "Percy! Please defend the right side!"

"What?" He asked, confused.

"I can only take the left because on my right side, there's too many monsters. So please, don't speak another word and go tell others to fight on the right."

 He looked as if he wanted to say something, but he didn't say it aloud.

 And I was happy that he didn't argue with me, at least.