[Ch. 9]

Even Percy did listen to the Titan this very time. He knew better than arguing with him. Good.

 Vikkie sighed from my side, because she knew that the archers on the top of the fortress was good at firing attacks at the certain god of the sky. They had to make him busy blocking the attacks so Kronos would be able to swipe him out of his realm. In this battle, all we can rely on is how much time the campers could spare. And it was great since Kronos could stop time whenever he wants.

 I saw a shadow forming on the ground, so I looked up. I was surprised to see him flying down quietly but quickly, trying really hard not to make Zeus notice it.

"Shhh," he whispered, landing right next to me. "I'm going to have my attack here, where Zeus can't see me for at least 3 seconds."

"You can attack for three seconds? So cool."

"Thanks. So, when I say 'Jump,' you should fly next to me, okay?"

"But I can't fly," I said.

 He flicked his hand, and a pair of white wings appeared next to my sneakers.

"Now you can," he said, smirking. "Like me."

"But you have those giant wings-"

"Ahh, Jamie, please don't complain. You know that I am cool enough to have my beauties at my back."

 I sighed. "Yeah, that thing you're absolutely correct. You're perfect in every sports, genius in planning, and also a powerful Titan who might crash this very Earth into half... And I probably never deserved to be your girlfriend, huh."

"Jamie, don't say that again," Kronos' voice turned into a low growl once again. I stiffened a little bit because in his voice, there was a hint of irritation. And him being an irritated Titan isn't really a good sign.

"I don't care what you're good at and what you're bad at. I don't care. All I need is you, Jamie, and I'm going to save you every time you fall, and I will make you feel warm under my wings. That's all I want. I want you safe. I never told you to become more like perfect, did I? I love you the way you are. That fact will never change. Ever."

 Ooh, such a speech. This is one of the countless reasons I love him.

"Really?" I asked.

"I promise you with my heart," he said, inching closer to me. His hand touched my cheeks, and we both dove into the things 'lovebirds' do everytime...

"O-kay, that's enough for today," I said, breathing heavily.

He smirked. "Oh, I really wanted to do more. It was so awesome."

 Kronos looked at the sky god who barely noticed him. On the Titan's lips appeared the evil smile. The one he makes before he launches his Grand Attack. The one I love to see - since that's the evilest thing I can find about him. Not that every 'evil' smile is attractive, but...

 Since Zeus was in his giant form, it would be easy to fire an attack at him. When Kronos needs to do his fine work on him, I would have to help him by getting the sky god's attention on me. If I need help, he would do vice versa. And it would be fine if I don't get zapped by his lightning bolt... And you know that Kronos hates it... no... I think he loathes being zapped. Anyway...

"Three, two, one... JUMP!" Kronos shouted, but his voice was barely audible for Zeus to hear it.

 I kicked the air with my feet, and almost spinned 360˚ since I had wings on my sneakers, not on my back. But thanks to Kronos looking weirdly at me (I don't even know why that's the reason), I was able to get back on track again.

 On his hand was the infamous scythe, sharp enough to kill a mortal easily. But the problem was... Zeus is not a mortal. He is still an immortal, no matter what. Anyway, Kronos slashed his scythe on the left side of Zeus, only to tear the chiton apart. Again, he tried to launch another attack, only to be noticed by the god himself. Electric blue and cold golden met, and they stayed like that for moments before Zeus hissing a word.

"PATHETIC," he sneered.

"Am I?" Kronos asked, his lips twitching into a sinister grin. He winked at me, and I accepted that it was his special sign.

 I grabbed my sword Daybreaker tightly, and swung the sword in a wide arc across the god's right side. I was even better than Kronos, since I managed to make the ichor seep out from the chiton. And it was, well, disgusting to see it flowing down. Growling, Zeus tried to look at who had attacked, but Kronos was fast enough to recover himself to stop me from getting zapped. He kicked the back of the god, and I slashed another attack with my sword. Smiling, Kronos punched him right in the chest, and I drove him out of harm's way.

"STOP, you villains!" He screamed.

"I thought you were the villain," I muttered while slashing another attack. "Not us."

"Yeah... son, did you get somewhere crazed?" Kronos asked, laughing uncontrollably.

"I said STOP! CAN'T YOU SEE ME BATTERED?"

"Oh, yeah, so I told you to stop before, since you'll get hurt a lot. But you didn't listen even a little bit to me. So I say I told you."

 Without hesitating for a second, my dear boyfriend soared toward the sky, and plummeted to the ground. Before he landed, he slashed a powerful attack with such a force onto Zeus' back. He howled, and I had to cover my ears to stop going deaf.

"Tell me that I did a great job on him," Kronos said, panting, but a smile on his (handsome) face.

"Great job," I murmured.

"Thanks. Now I guess this is the end in our bad story, Zeus. With this final blow, you would go down the Tartarus, you know? That would be such a great ending. Because I'm tired of playing with you now."

 Kronos fired a blast of his own divine energy at Zeus, and he just glared at the charging ball of fire energy. With his lightning bolt, he blocked the attack.

 I was standing on the air with my mouth hanging open. And I could see that Kronos was surprised, too.

"Round number two," the bad guy said, giving us a sickly grin. I could imagine fangs in his mouth... he really looked like a devil.