(11) chapter xi. lunch

Everyone at Vogue continued grieving, but they know to themselves that it is important to continue with their lives, and most especially with their responsibilities in their careers. "Jake would not want us to stop because of him," Gabriel would remind them. "He would want us to do our best to continue without him, and that is what we will do." The rest of team would agree.

That afternoon, Ray is scheduled to meet with Chloé to talk about the upcoming photoshoot for the issue. They were supposed to meet at twelve, but thirty minutes has passed and she has not come. He is about to go when he sees her.

"I am so sorry, Ray. I came from a photoshoot," she said, and Ray can see how apologetic she is. "It was supposed to end at eleven. The photographer was late, so we had to start at a later time. I hope I didn't make you wait that much. I tried to text you, but I couldn't find my phone, so I just finished the entire shoot."

"I understand," Ray said, sitting back down. "I hope you're not too overworked today."

"Oh, oh no. I'm fine." she smiled.

The two went on for a few hours about their agenda. He learned a lot about her and her personality matches his. Even though his first impression of her has been tainted by her being late, she made up for it tenfold.

On the day of the filming, the preparation took them a long time, as per usual. The lighting was fixed, repeatedly, and a few adjustments were made once a while. Luckily for the team, Chloé's house is naturally stylish and they did not need to relocate that much.

Ray watched how Chloé blended well with the rest of the group. Her make-up took only several minutes. For her clothes, Ray and his team brought a lot of outfits that they thought she would like. She had her own style, but she is willing to adjust to their liking.

Most of Chloé's exotic pets are caged, but the tamer ones are not. At one, they started the interview which will be featured alongside the photoshoot. Gabriel was the one assigned to do it, and they sit in her backyard, where there is also a pool. The cameras started rolling.

"Chloé! Thank you for allowing us in your home." Gabriel said.

"It's my pleasure. I live on my own, and it's nice to have people come over here from time to time," she said. "Sometimes I invite my friends over, but my pets can be frightening sometimes."

"Will you show us your pets? I'm sure all of them are lovely."

Chloé stood up and went inside to unlock the cage of her red fox. "This is Crimson," she introduced. Crimson sits quietly on the floor, leaning her head towards Chloé.

"She's tame," Gabriel observed. "I see she has been trained."

"Of course, she is. Before Crimson is domesticated, she was trained by professionals first." Chloé carried Crimson and kissed her on the top of her head.

The interview lasted for awhile. She has many pets and with the introduction of each one, Ray felt more fascinated than the last. For the photoshoot, Chloé and her chameleon sit on the poolside. She held the animal gently and smiled at the camera.

Ray watched as Gabriel's team worked together. He could see how smooth their working relationships are and how lucky Gabriel was that his subordinates are just as passionate as he was. Now, they are photographing Chloé with Crimson. The fox can be scary to look at, unless you see it behaving as it is now.

Its eyes are bright yellow and its fur is a reddish coat. It is like a big dog but its face is less friendlier. None of the team has seen a red fox until today, and they cannot get over how amusing its appearance is, no matter how much they stare at its lushy but delicate fur.