~ 8 ~

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

It's now Thursday, bologna day. Travis was not looking forward to it, but he wasn't allowed to eat anything that wasn't from the school this week, once again... So he had to eat that god forsaken bologna.

Travis sat at his own table, staring at the bologna sandwich on his tray. He didn't even attempt to eat it. Instead he pulled out a lined piece of paper, deciding it was best to tell Larry his feelings with a note. He wrote, and wrote, and wrote. Every word he wished he could say flowing out and onto the paper.

Travis quickly shoved the paper into his bag when he heard Sal and Larry walking his way. "Hey, Travis!" "What do you flamers want?" "Jeez, bad day-?" "No.. sorry, still trying to get used to this being nice thing.." "it's alright! I know you'll get it eventually." Travis smiled at Sal's words, then looked at Larry. Just looking at the metalhead made his face go red. He looked away quickly, not wanting to be caught staring. "Well we better go, don't want your reputation bein' ruined." Larry said, him and Sal waving at Travis as they walked out.

Travis carefully pulled the paper back out, writing on it again. He stared at it, reading the words over and over. The more times he read it, the closer he got to crying. He scribbled out the name that showed who it was for and from,as well as the words after "just" and crumbled it up.

Travis left the cafeteria, sprinting to the boys bathroom before anyone could see that he was crying. He tossed the paper towards the trash can, not even looking back to make sure he got it in, then locked himself in the last stall.

He slid his back against the stall door, crying and half gasping for air. He covered his eyes with his hands, eventually starting to grip on to his hair and tugging on it.

{God why did I even think of writing that? Why did I write it?! Why do I have to be so stupid- he doesn't like me!! He made that clear!!}
.
.
.
.
.
.
{Why can't I be normal for once..?}

Travis scrambled to cover his mouth, hearing the door squeak open. "Hmm... Seems like someone missed the trash.." He recognized that voice. He peeked under the stall door, seeing Sal's shoes and hand grabbing the paper made him panic.

"Couldn't hurt to take a quick peek!" {No no no no no no-} Travis shook his head slightly, not wanting to believe that Sal was about to read his note.

After what felt like hours, Sal put the note back down, then walked over to the stalls. He knocked on Travis' stall first. "Anybody in there?" "No duh, fuckwad! Buzz off!" Travis spat, regretting the words immediately. "Travis? Were you just... Crying a second ago?" "Sally Face-? What-?! No! Can't a guy just get some privacy for once?!"

Travis hoped Sal wouldn't think he was crying, but the way his voice cracked and was raspy everytime he talked gave it away.

Sal didn't leave.

He sat down with his back against the stall door. "... Why do you hate me so much?" Sal sounded genuinely curious, but Travis couldn't hear it over his thoughts. "Because you and your friends are a bunch of homos, it's sick, it's not right! God will never love you, why should I?!" Travis lightly banged his head against the door, hating how mean he was being.

"You know we aren't all actually gay, right? Well besides for Todd- Todd's super gay-" Travis didn't respond, just listened. "But that's apart of who he is, and I think it's wonderful! He's the nicest kid I've ever met, how could anyone hate Todd?" Travis groaned in response, Sal had a very good point, and he hated that fact.

Sal was silent for a minute, then said something Travis wished he didn't say. "Is your father pushing these beliefs on you?" "Wha-? Just because my dad's a preacher doesn't mean he owns me! I'm my own person!" "Well, yeah, but... You seem so unhappy man.." Travis didn't respond once more, just tucked his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on them.

"Are you sure your dad isn't putting too much pressure on you? I bet it's tough being the son of such an intense man..." "You have no idea what it's like.." Travis and Sal were both silent for a solid ten minutes.

"I'm sorry, man.." "don't feel sorry for me, Sally Face! I don't need your pity." "We don't have to be enemies, you know that, right?" Sal said, though it came out as a question. Travis didn't respond. "I think under all of that anger, there's a good dude who's afraid to be himself.." Travis' eyes widened, Sal was right... God he hated that!

"If you ever need someone to talk to, or if you need to get away from your dad for a while... You can hang out with me." "What- why are you being so nice to me?!.." "I don't think you're a bad person Travis."

Sal and Travis sat there in silence. Travis watched Sal's hand from under the stall door, silently slipping his own hand a bit closer. "You know.. I don't really hate you, or your friends.." "I didn't really think so." "I-I guess... Well.. I'm sorry I've been such an asshole, you don't deserve that." Travis couldn't help but smile at his words, he actually apologized... He felt... Happy about it...

"That means a lot to me, it really does.. Thank you. And what I said, about being here if you ever decide you want a friend, I meant that." "Don't push your luck, Sally Face." Travis was still smiling from what Sal was saying, and the fact he apologized. He smiled when he saw Sal's hand inch closer to his, then didn't hesitate before putting his on top of Sals. "Thank you, Sally.." "For what?"
.
.
.
.
"For giving me a chance."

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩