1. The Package

A/N: Before you all ask me anything. I was bored! I watched my favorite tv series to make this into a book, and I wanted Y/N to be half mermaid/human, similar to Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. She can walk and breathe in the ocean. I hope this is okay! Not in a weird way unless you guys prefer to be a fish type. Your choice!

It was a typical day in Bikini Bottom; Spongebob worked behind the stove making Krabby Patties. His grumpy co-worker Squidward rings the bell as he lifts his head while flipping the patty.

"Spongebob, one Krabby patty. Hold the Mayonnaise." Said Squidward.

"Aye! Aye! One Krabby Patty and hold the Mayonnaise." Spongebob mimicked. 

He started flipping the patty, grabbing the ingredients instead of mayo, and putting them together. 

"ORDER UP!" Spongebob rang the bell many times as the cashier let out a sigh. 

Squidward hands the tray to the customer, watching them walk to a table to sit and eat. 

"Another day, another life I want to break away from," Squidward mumbled. 

Just then, the mailman enters the restaurant and digs inside the bag to hand over to Squidward.

"Package for Mr. Squarepants." He said. 

Spongebob heard his name behind the grill as he peeked to see the mailman holding his package. 

"Oh! She sent it alright," Said Spongebob.

He goes to Squidward's cash register and takes the package from him. He opens it, and it reveals a costly item that was shipped just in time. It was an aquatic necklace with a seashell.

"Yep! This is a perfect gift." Said Spongebob.

Squidward looked confused at the yellow sponge. He didn't think that his annoying neighbor would receive a gift from a girl that finds him charming and appealing.

"Who is it from?" Squidward asked.

"From who?" Spongebob asked.

"The gift, you moron. Who sent you the gift?" Squidward asked.

"Oh! The gift was sent from my wife." Spongebob replied cheerfully.

Squidward's eyes widen to hear the yellow sponge mention his secret significant other.

"YOUR WHAT!?" Squidward exclaimed.

Spongebob looked over at the squid and waved his hand away.

"Oh! Pft! Did I say, wife? I meant, uh...old college roommate of mine." Spongebob lied.

"I thought you said the wife. Whatever." Squidward faced the other way to pull up a magazine covering half his face. 

"Hey, uh...Squidward? Could you do me a favor?" Spongebob asked. 

"What do you want? I'm busy, or go ask someone else." Squidward brushed him off, not looking away from the magazine. 

Spongebob hesitantly looks down at the necklace as he grips it in his yellow hands. He looks back over at Squidward, holding it out to him. 

"Can you watch over this? I have to clean up the bathrooms, and I don't want to get dirty or flush down." Said Spongebob. He waited patiently for Squidward to take it. "Please?" He asked. 

Squidward audibly sighed. 

"Fine." 

"Thanks!" 

Spongebob hands the necklace to Squidward as he carries on his duty. Squidward remained in the same position as he grew curious about the chain. The gift was golden and shiny and smelt as if it had been at a tropical place.

"Hm..." Squidward squinted his eyes to read the label. "...The Maldives." 

Mr. Krab's busted out of his office as he couldn't help hearing Squidward mention a famous undersea name. 

"Mr. Squidward! Did you say The Maldives?" He asked.

"Yeah." Squidward raised an eyebrow at his boss as he gripped the necklace. 

"Let me see." Mr. Krabs said as he took the necklace from Squidward and inhaled the scent. "Oh, boy. It is from The Maldives. That place is somewhere connected to the Rock Bottom. The home to one of the world's most beautiful marine environments. The country's waters have abundant life, including sharks, dolphins, turtles, and whales." 

"Uh-huh." 

"Where'd you find it?" Mr. Krabs asked. 

"Spongebob received it from a package and mentioned that it was a gift from his wife," Squidward replied. 

"Wife? He's not married." Mr. Krabs replied. 

Squidward snorted. "I doubt it either. Who would want to marry that annoying little blob?" He cackled as he clutched onto his stomach. 

Mr. Krabs stared at the necklace until Spongebob came out of the bathroom. Spongebob spots Mr. Krabs as he salutes. 

"Mr. Krabs, sir! I have cleaned the bathroom spot, and clean, sir!" Said Spongebob.

"Excellent job, boy-yo." Mr. Krab praised. He grinned as he held out his claw over to the sponge. "Ah, Spongebob?" 

"Yes, Mr. Krab's?" Spongebob asked. 

"I need to ask you something, and it's between us. Including Squidward." Said Mr. Krab's as the yellow sponge looked up at the deeply concerned two. "Listen, uh...this necklace is a gift from The Maldives. How'd you manage to get in touch with the people there?"

"I didn't get in touch with any of them, Mr. Krabs," SpongeBob replied. 

"Huh? It says it's from the place, and your wife sent it." Mr. Krab replied, narrowing his eyes over at the sponge.

Spongebob looked nervous when his boss mentioned his "wife." 

"Uh, Mr. Krabs. I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not married!" Spongebob nervously grinned over at the crab. 

"Don't lie to me, lad. There is something you are hiding, isn't it?" Mr. Krab's leaned close to the punch by yanking his collar as Spongebob gulped.

"No, sir. It's the truth." Spongebob replied. 

"So, who sent it to you?" Mr. Krabs asked. 

"Duh, my collegeroomate." Spongebob replied. 

Squidward looks at the package label, saying, "The address says it from where it was sent to here. So, it is from The Maldives." He rested his hands on his hips, looking at the sponge directly in the eyes. 

"Spill it, boy!" Mr. Krabs demanded. 

"Well...you see..."