11. Maladives Challenges

A/N: Hey, guys! I'm so glad you are all enjoying the story. A generous person created an image of Diane, aka Y/N's pet snail, for me—credits to Crystalivy90. Here is the artwork, and I love it! Thank you so much! 🧡

 Here is the artwork, and I love it! Thank you so much! 🧡

Enjoy the chapter!

The following day, the challenges would be held at the Maldives stadium. Spongebob and his friends were already there to be prepared for the match. As for Jace, he was going to be having someone else lend him a hand to have a chance to win the three rounds. 

"Look at that guy. He's giving me bad vibes." Mr. Krabs muttered. 

Squidward only let out a small grunt. 

"I hope these matches aren't too hard for Spongebob to handle. He's dealing with royalty, and we don't know what will happen." Said Sandy.

"Relax. Spongebob can handle it on his own." Patrick reassured. 

"Cotton Candy! Get your cotton candy!" A salesman was handing out cotton candy as Patrick began to sweat. 

"I-I need to get something to calm down my nerves. I'll be right back!" Patrick flees as Sandy lets out a sigh. 

Meanwhile, you were seated with your seven siblings as they gossiped about Spongebob and Jace. They were betting on the competition to see how well both fighters would give off. 

"Seems like this is going to be somewhat interesting. Y/N, are you seriously interested in a sponge?" Penelope asked. 

"More than anything." You replied. 

"He's too cute, squishy, and not that strong. Weak." Fiona commented. 

You rolled your eyes.  

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Today is unlike any other when the Maladives have requested a dueling challenge among strange travelers." Said the announcer. "We have two contestants that will be facing THREE! THREE Challenges! Prince Jace and Spongebob Squarepants!" 

"Get ready to lose sponge!" Jace spat. 

"I won't lose!" Spongebob replied. 

"What will our first match be?" The announcer asked. He reached over to a bowl of papers inside as he rumbled inside and pulled out to read it out loud. "Our first match...Long pole jump!

"Aye, I hope Spongebob knows how to fling himself across. This might not go so well." Mr. Krabs said, grasping the edge of the rails with his claws. 

Jace got to go first, held his pole stick, and swam forward before reaching the end to throw it at a farther distance. The crowd cheers, and he looks back at Spongebob with a smug face. 

"Beat that spongey!" He smirked. 

Spongebob went over to grab his pole stick as he inhaled. 

"Do it for the krusty krab, lad!" Mr. Krabs chanted. 

"FOR THE KRUSTY KRAB!" Spongebob shouted while he ran with the pole in his hands.

Spongebob reaches over to the lines and flings farther away from Jace's mark. He landed on the ground, splitting himself, and the crowd gasped. He reformed himself, making a number 1 of himself, and the crowd cheered. 

"Spongebob wins the first challenge!" Said the announcer. 

You clapped with a warm smile on your face. Jace glared at Spongebob's victory, and Plankton appeared. 

"Jace, what was that?" He scolded. 

"What do you mean? I picked the right one." Jace replied. 

Plankton sighed. 

"It was the orange one that Spongebob picked that was yours! Nevermind. The next challenge is coming up, so you have another shot at winning." Said Plankton. 

Patrick comes back with some food and takes a seat. 

"Where have you been?" Squidward asked. 

"Gathering up food supplies for the show. Did Spongebob win?" He asked. 

"Yeah, for the first challenge! He's got a point, and Jace stays in zero." Sandy chimed. 

"We're ready for the next match, and it will be Weight lifting!" Said the announcer. 

"Spongebob can't lift a single thing with those thin limbs." Squidward snickered. 

"Shh! I'm trying to watch the show!" Patrick shushed. 

Squidward looked at him and rolled his eyes. 

Two of the competitors stood on their mats. Jace got to go first, and the weight was hefty, but Plankton managed to use a device to make it easier for him to lift. The girls squealed over at Jace and winked at them. He turned to you and blinked, but you rolled your eyes. 

When he was done, the announcer saw Spongebob standing on his mat.

"Oh, it looks like we have two stuffed animals. What for?" Said the announcer. 

Spongebob was struggling to lift the weights, but he inhaled as he lifted them. He wore a proud smile. You smiled in delight to see him trying his best out here.

 You smiled in delight to see him trying his best out here

"I don't get it." Said your father eyeing down at the sponge that lifted easy stuffed animals. 

"Point for Jace, everyone!" Said the announcer. 

Jace cheered as he booed over at Spongebob. It was one-on-one, and they needed to end it once and for all. Spongebob went over to a bench and took a seat as his best friend went to check on him. 

"Spongebob, you were great!" He cheered. 

"Yeah, thanks, Pat." Said Spongebob.

"What's wrong, buddy?" He asked. 

"We're down for one more match, and I don't know if I can continue. If Jace wins, I won't be able to win for Y/N." He replied as he moped. 

"You could still win. Jace can't do what you can do." Patrick grinned. 

Spongebob looked at his best friend, "You think so?" He asked. 

"Sure, I do. Your my best friend, and I know you'll win." Said Patrick. 

"Gee, thanks, Pat." 

"Competitors! Please enter for the final round!" Said the announcer.