6. Fixxer-Upper

You refused to get near your husband the following day since dinner was a disaster last night. You were outside in the lovely garden reading your book when one of your sisters, the twins, swam over. 

"Y/N, I was wondering if you could swim with me. I have to show you something cool I found quickly." Said Penelope as she grabbed your arm to drag you off the bench. You dropped your book to swim along with her. 

"Penelope, aren't you suppose to be studying?" You scolded. 

"I have been studying quite a lot this week. Mother is always making sure that Eris and I are focusing in school--not daydreaming about boys to get distracted." Penelope scoffed. 

The two of you swam around the garden until you wanted to avoid coming face-to-face with a specific individual. Jace held a banquet of flowers, a box of chocolate, and a book. You stopped, ready to turn and flee, but Penelope stopped you. 

"I don't want to--" Penelope cuts you off by whispering to you. 

"Please, dear sister. Give him a chance, and he'll prove how much he loves you." Said Penelope begging you not to leave the garden.

"And let me crush me and use me as a toy? I beg for differ!" You protested.

"Give him a chance." She said. 

You scowled, looking over Penelope's shoulder and glaring at Jace, who didn't notice you or her. 

"Fine. One chance is all he's getting." You said as the two of you appeared, and Jace's eyes lit up.

"Oh, my dear! You look so beautiful, elegant, and appealing to my eyes that it's melting out here." You rolled your eyes over his fake flirting speech you didn't want to hear anymore. "You could knock me off my fin." 

"I get it, Jace. Sweet." You fake smiled. 

He held out the gifts to you and took them. 

Burning these flowers later, but the chocolate is all mine. 

"I have a poem for you, my dear~," He said, pulling out a long paper trail written down with so many words you couldn't imagine. 

This is going to be taking forever.

~

When Jace finally finished, you left after thanking him and returned to your room—throwing the flowers in the trash except for the chocolate. You sat at the end of your bed, letting out an audible sigh. 

"I wish I never married that guy in my whole life. It sucks." You sighed.

Flashback 

"Y/N, I know you are not happy with the news, but the kingdom of Oceania needs their son to marry Prince Jace." Said your father hiding behind your chair to avoid the objects thrown at him that shattered across the room. 

"Of all people! Why me, father?" You asked. 

You reached over to grab one of your sea shells to toss at him, but only to miss. 

"Darling, your mother and I had decided to have you marry Jace. Your sisters may be grown or still in school, but they are unlike you."  He popped out from the chair to swim over to you. "I know that sounds a bit wrong. However, you are the youngest in the family, and you've got what any princess would do." 

You rolled your eyes, and your cheeks turned red. 

"Father, I do not wish to marry that guy. I've heard what he does; I'm not risking it." You protested. Folding your arms over your chest, you turned away from your father.

He was having trouble convincing you to go with this marriage arrangement. 

"Look, Y/N...I know how hard and unexpected it could happen. You must understand that we're doing this because we want our kingdoms to unite." As he scratched the back of his neck, your father said, avoiding eye contact. Your eyes were burning into his holes, sending chills.

You were like your mother, who had a short temper, but you were fierce—a fire-breathing dragon. 

"I refuse." 

"I'm sorry, but you can't refuse this marriage. You'll meet him, be polite, act like a lady, and be sophisticated. Is that clear?" He lectured, giving her a demeanor expression. 

End of Flashback

"If only I had just left and never came. They will make a search party for me, but I can't deal with this nonsense." You told yourself, glaring down at the ground. "Spongebob was different than Jace because he knows me like reading from a library book." 

Standing outside the window, Jace still rehearsed his vocals and acting skills. The maids were watching, lovingly gawking at him, making you pissed.