5. Rock Bottom

"Can I use the bathroom?" Patrick asked. 

"No," Squidward replied.

"Please?" Patrick asked.

"No," Squidward said. 

"Please!" Patrick begged. 

"Fine. Go ahead." Said Squidward.

Patrick paused as he relaxed. 

"That's okay." He replied. 

Spongebob stood up, walked over to Gary, and grabbed his leash. 

"C'mon, Gary. Let's take you for a little walk to get your legs stretched." Said Spongebob. 

"Meow." Said, Gary. 

Sandy parks the van nearby to let everyone else take care of business. Mr. Krabs noticed a vending machine and walked over to use his dollar, only to yank it out and get his snack. Squidward went to take a bathroom break while Spongebob and Patrick walked around with Gary tagging along to stretch. 

"Wow! It's so not great to be back down here. Look at this dump." Patrick commented. 

"Yeah, and it's still creepy, like I remember it," Spongebob added. 

"I'm getting hungry. Is there anywhere we can eat?" Patrick asked. 

"No, but there is a snack bar over there." Said Spongebob.

Spongebob P.O.V.

I was so unhappy to return to Rock Bottom because this place was still dark and spooky. I don't have to take the bus this time, and it's a road trip. Still, I was surprised to find out what was on the other side when we headed straight toward Y/N's home. 

I was walking Gary along while following Patrick to the snack bar when I heard the sound of brakes pumping behind me. I turned around to see that it was the bus lurking. I'm having a PTSD experience trying to catch the bus only to miss it.

"Oh no! Not this time!" I protested. 

"Hey, Spongebob! Look!" Patrick beamed. I saw him pointing at one of the creepy fishes that lived in the deep ocean. 

"Patrick, that's not a jellyfish!" I panicked. I wanted my best friend to get the right idea to mess with the dark sea creatures in Rock Bottom. 

"No. Not that I was talking about that giant eye behind there." Said Patrick. 

"Oh, I see. I remember him." I said. 

The eye fish creature looked up from his newspaper, and we made eye contact. 

"Oh...Pffft...what a nice....pffft...day to see...pffft...you...here...pfft...again." As I remember, he said it was like yesterday that I was stuck here because I was trying to get a bus. 

"You...pfft...don't...say...pfft." I translated. 

"You speak tongue language?" Patrick asked. 

"I barely, id," I replied. 

"What pfftfft...brings you...pfft...to...Rock Bottom?" He asked. 

"I'm pfft...going to...pfft...see my...wife," I replied. 

"Oh...pfft...she lives...down here?" He asked. 

"No...Pfft...She lives...in...pfftMaldivesves." I replied. 

"Pfft...interesting." He said, pulling his newspaper up to read what was on today's news article.

"Spongebob!" Mr. Krabs shouted. 

"Yes, sir?" I asked. 

"Let's go! We refilled everything up." Said Mr. Krabs.

~

Squidward P.O.V.

I can't believe I had to get dragged on this stupid trip to meet with Spongebob's wife. Of course, they had an arranged marriage only to be forced since she married Someone else. Yet, Spongebob was completely honest about how they met and got married 20 seconds later. 

You can't marry Someone you have already met. I still need to find out what she looks like or what she sees in Spongebob at all. 

"Spongebob? Just how long have you and Y/N been talking to each other?" I asked. 

"Uh...I don't know. I haven't caught up with the time exactly, but we just kept sending letters to each other." He replied, with a wide grin on his face. 

"Uh-huh. Don't you think she might get tired of sending letters?" I asked as he looked at me with a questionable gaze. I continued, "You both don't talk on the phone? Hang out in secret? Isn't she already married to Someone else? That's not right." I squinted my eyes over at the yellow sponge that sat there twiddling his thumbs.

"Well...um...I don't recall the other man in her life. She's not happy about it all." He replied, showing a sign of empathy thinking about her. "We can't even hang out in secret either." 

"Oh, that's too bad," I said, feeling no sympathy. I grinned. 

"Do you think she'll be happy to see me? I haven't seen her face in a long time and want to see her in person." Spongebob asked. 

"Well, she's your wife, Spongebob. You have to ask her those questions, and who knows? She might move on with her man, that isn't you." I grinned. 

"Hey! Quit trying to sidetrack the young lad, Squidward. He hasn't seen her in person, and you're making him uncomfortable." Mr. Krabs scolded me as I scoffed.

"Oh please, at least tell us what she looks like. She is probably twice as annoying as you." Except for Spongebob, I snorted, making small jokes to make myself laugh. 

CRASH!

"What the barnacles? Sandy! What did you just hit?" Mr. Krabs demanded. 

"I don't know. The van is stuck in something. I'll try to reverse." Said Sandy.

"Well, hurry it up! It's darker than it already is." I complained. 

Looking over, something brightened inside the van, and Spongebob said, "Someone turned off their lights. It's too bright." He squinted his eyes. 

"Aren't we the only ones riding on the road? Who else would be driving down here?" I asked. I peeked out the window, realizing it wasn't just an ordinary light. It was a giant Angelerfish blocking our way. 

"SANDY! DRIVE NOW!" I commanded. 

"Can't you see that I am trying?" Sandy grunted, struggling to reverse, and I looked out the window to see that road was full of bumpy rocks. 

"We're stuck out here! That Angelerfish will eat us alive if we don't move!" Mr. Krabs exclaimed. 

"Should we panic?" Patrick asked in a calm tone.

"I can fix this!" Said Spongebob. 

He pulled out his bubble bottle to remove the cap and blew a giant bubble around us. The Anglerfish was still heading toward us as I screamed. 

"Pipe down!" Sandy shouted. 

She didn't waste any time changing the lever and accelerated as we drove inside the bubble to escape the Anglerfish.

This is the worst day of my life!