10. Suitable

Plankton made it to the palace and snuck through very quickly without anyone noticing. When he made his way to the banquet, he overheard Jace. 

"I cannot afford to lose against a sponge. I don't know what she sees in him that I don't!" Jace pounded his fist against the wall grinding his teeth together. 

Plankton grinned as he rubbed his hands together to devise a plan. 

"Seems like old Bustler is having trouble competing against those other fools. I could use him for something sinister." Plankton said. 

He hops down and heads toward Jace, who is mourning and pouting to himself. 

"Yo, princey boy! I hear you're having trouble beating that brat." Said Plankton. 

Jace looked around and saw Plankton as he squealed like a girl, "A ROACH!" Plankton looked at him before he could react when Jace picked up a vase to toss it at him. 

He missed. Plankton waved his hands up in the air. 

"Wait! I can help you win if you can help ms exchange to get rid of those bozos." Said Plankton. 

Jace relaxed his muscles as he kneeled at the small microscopic plant. 

"You're going to help me?" Jace asked. 

"Yeah. I can help you eliminate those bozos, and you can keep your wife." Said Plankton. 

"That means a lot! What's the plan?" Jace asked as a mischievous grin played on Plankton's lips. 

~

Spongebob was walking down the hallway with Y/N as she showed him around the palace along with his friends. They would be settling around the kingdom in time for the challenges of tomorrow. 

"Here are your rooms." Said Y/N.

"Wow! It's so fancy and luxurious with such beautiful art." Squidward complimented. 

"Does this place have nachos?" Patrick asked. 

"We can offer you some food since you are our guest." Said Y/N.

Mr. Krabs winked at Spongebob, saying, "I like a woman that treats you right. You found a keeper, me boy." 

Patrick looked at Spongebob, saying, "Are you going to be staying with us, Spongebob?" He asked. 

"Yeah. I will hang out with Y/N for a bit, buddy." Spongebob replied. 

"What am I going to do while you're gone?" Patrick asked, looking at his best friend sadly. 

"What do you do while I'm gone?" Spongebob asked. 

"Wait for you to get back," Patrick whined. 

Y/N placed a hand on Patrick's shoulder to reassure the starfish, "I won't hold him away from you too long, Patrick. You think you can wait awhile?" A faint smile appeared on Patrick's face as he nodded. 

"Yes, mermaid lady." He replied. 

"Have fun, Patrick. Save me some nachos while you are at it." Said Spongebob. 

Sandy smiled over at the others as they settled in for the night. Gary looked back at Spongebob as he meowed at him. 

"Awe, you can come with us, Gar-bear," Spongebob said. 

"I have a pet snail, too," Y/N said. 

While Spongebob and Y/N enter her room, the young Sponge notices a snail sleeping in their royal bed. 

"Awe, looks, Gary. Now you have a new friend to play with." Spongebob said as you swam over to your pet snail Diane. 

"Diane, wake up. I have a new friend for you to meet." You whispered, patting her shell to wake her up. 

Diane yawns as she wakes to meet your eyes, back over to Spongebob, and down at Gary. You picked her up and placed her on the floor as the two snails seemed to like each other. 

"I think he likes her." You whispered over to Spongebob. 

Spongebob nodded.

The two snails were getting along as Spongebob let out a sigh. 

"Do you think I made the right choice? I'm fighting against the man you don't desire." Spongebob asked. 

"Well, you proved to him that you could challenge him for three rounds. No turning back now." You pat his head as the young Sponge sighs. 

"Yeah. I just...I don't know how things will go tomorrow." He mourned. 

"You'll be fine. I can see it." You grinned. 

Spongebob smiled. Soon the two snails were cuddling together, and they were fast asleep. 

"Awe, they are so cute!" Spongebob cooed. 

You took a picture of the two and said, "We better get plenty of rest." You said, and Spongebob nodded. 

"Yeah. Can Gary sleep in here for the night?" He asked. 

"Of course." You said, leaning down to kiss the sponge's forehead as his cheeks turned red. "Goodnight~"

"Uh...ahem! Nighty-night Y/N!" He left out of the room and leaned against the door. He placed his hand on his head, mumbling, "I hope tomorrow goes well between Jace and me." He sighed.