The set-up

"Holy crap. He's gorgeous." I exclaim to my best friend and neighbour Andrew Rannells as soon as we are alone.

"Who?" He perks up and is suddenly interested. We'd just had a first meeting for the main cast to go over the scripts.

I laugh at him and roll my eyes, he's engrossed in his latest drama, planning his wedding was turning him into a real Groomzilla. There had been many evenings lately where his fiancé Tuc and I had ended up eating dinner together whilst Andy ran around in a frantic frenzy trying to organise everything himself, refusing all attempts from both of us to help.

"I'm paying attention." He actually is, seemingly my love life was the only thing that could distract him, "Christian?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say incredulously as if it was obvious.

"Really!" I have his undivided attention now, "you know he's a good friend of mine, he'll be over for dinner a few times, he's coming to the wedding." His eyes are twinkling with mischief now.

"Yes I am aware." I smirk at him, "and this is why I didn't tell you before."

"What?"

"About my ridiculous crush on him."

"Why's it ridiculous?"

"He's freaking gorgeous." I blush, "and out of my league." He snorts at that and I shrug.

"You always undervalue yourself." He rolls his eyes and grabs his phone again, I assume to resume his wedding plans.

I resume working on my laptop, making a few tweaks to the script before tomorrow's table read.

"You're coming to dinner tonight right?" He asked and I confirm distractedly.
"So is Christian." He grins across the table at me.

"Andy!" I exclaimed in frustration.

"Come on, you know me well enough to know I'd do something like that once you told me you liked him." He smirked at me.

"Yes I suppose I should have known better than to confide in my best friend." I roll my eyes at him. "Look please don't say anything to him, we're not in high school, if I think he's interested I can make my own move alright."

"Yeah ok, make sure you do though." He chuckled and phoned Tuc to let him know.