Family chaos

A lovely afternoon passed far too quickly and we arrive back at my flat to find Andy arguing with my mother.

"Oh crap." I mutter and I feel Christian's hand tighten around mine reassuringly.

"I don't know who you think you are, this is MY daughter's home and you WILL let me in right now."

"No he won't mother." I walk up to them, shooting Andy an apologetic look before taking a deep breath and turning to face her.
"I've had my locks changed and Andy was here to look after it for me."

"Fine, now that you're finally here, you can give me a key." She scowls at Andy who just rolls his eyes at her. He's used to her by now and has been telling me I need to stand up to her so I know he's delighted.

"No. The point was to regain my privacy mother, I won't be giving you a spare key. This is my home and I won't tolerate anyone invading my privacy. In spite of me asking you many times, you still let yourself in without phoning or knocking."

"I am your mother, you do not speak to me this way. This seems to have come around after she's been spending time with you." She scowls at Christian now and I have had enough.

"Mother, this has been a long time coming. If you want to arrange plans with me then you need to call or text. You are not allowed to de-rail my plans anymore and I will not be tolerating you speaking to my friends or partner like that." Andy has opened the front door for me and I walk in, "Christian come in. Goodnight mother, I will speak to you tomorrow." Andy hands me both sets of keys and shuts the door for me.

"Byyyyeeee." I hear him chuckle as he goes back to his own flat and I lean back on the door, shaking a little from the adrenaline.

Christian is smiling at me, holding my hand still and waiting for me to calm down.

"You are amazing." He smiles. I blush and shake my head embarrassed.

"You are." He steps closer to me now, stroking the hair from my face tenderly. I want to forget my mother so I grab him, pulling his body onto mine and kissing him passionately. I feel him pull back though and my anxiety grows.

"Honey, as much as I want to let you distract yourself, I also want to make sure your ok. Your mom is a lot but you've dealt with her amazingly." He sounds proud and he's still holding onto me, not stepping away.

I don't deal well with emotions and no-one has really cared enough to break through my facade before so I don't know how to handle this concern. I decide to go for a skilful diversion tactic.

"I'm fine. In fact I'm quite hungry, shall we make something quickly?" I smile, grab his hand and drag him to the kitchen, without waiting for him to respond, I yank the fridge open and begin to pull out items to make a salad.
"How hungry are you? I'm making a salad, how much do you want?"

He's leaning back on the counter opposite me now and watching with careful consideration.
"Just a little please." He says after a moment, he seems to have realised it's not a great idea to push me right now about my emotions. I flash a grateful smile at him before continuing with the salad. He comes and stands behind me, sliding his arms around my waist, he kisses my neck gently and even though he's not trying to, I immediately feel turned on, I hesitate and lean sideways to allow him better access. I know he's trying to relax me and it's working.

"It's ok if you don't want to talk about your mom  but please don't bottle things up. I'm here and I'm happy to talk about anything." I smile and turn around in his arms.

"Thank-you." I give him a chaste kiss to acknowledge I've heard him. "You know you're pretty awesome." I smirk, sliding my hands up his arms to loop them around his neck.

"And you are very good at distractions." He smirks but then leans in to kiss me softly.

"I really am ok. It just takes me a while to process stuff sometimes and that was a long time coming with my mom." I let him in a little before kissing him again, "shall we go to bed?" I smirk between kisses and he chuckles but then grabs me under my legs and hoists me up onto his waist before carrying me to bed.