18. The Wedding (part 2)

"Relax Andy, she'll meet us at the church." I reassure him as he frets about his mom arriving late. "When I tell you that today is going to run beyond smoothly, I'm not exaggerating." I smile and tug him out of my flat, handing the keys to his mom with a wink.

We're in the fancy car, just Andy and I with another glass of champagne. The car has been instructed to drive us around for half an hour before arriving at the church to give the mom's chance to arrive.

"Relax and enjoy, this is going to be the best day of your life!" I beam at him and they mischievous smirk appears briefly on his face again for a moment. I know he's hiding something and normally I'd press the subject but I don't want to upset him or spoil his day so I bite my tongue tongue and enjoy the ride.

'Everyone is at the church now. 😘' The text from Christian confirms we can arrive and we're arriving in less than a minute.

I know that Tuc and Andy had dreamed about being walked down the aisle by their moms but when that seemed impossible, they had both decided to walk it alone and I was excited to make one more dream reality for them as we walk into the lobby of the church and see Tuc and Christian waiting, I watch their faces light up at the sight of each other.

"Hey you." Tuc smiles quietly and Andy's grin couldn't get wider if he tried.

"Ok you two have to wait for a couple minutes more before walking in, I have a surprise for you." I am practically bouncing when I text Andy's mom and she and Tuc's mom both come out from another room in their matching dresses. The boys eyes go wide in surprise and anxiety.

"Mom!" Tuc exclaims in surprise.

"I'm so sorry son. I know I messed up and I just want to see you happy." She smiles and steps tentatively forward before Tuc grabs her in a tight hug, a small tear of happiness escaping him.

"You." Andy just stares at me in amazement.

"And if you both still want then your moms will walk you down the aisle. If that's what you want?"

"Yes." Both of them exclaim enthusiastically and hugs are shared all around.

"Ok, let's get this show on the road then." I grin and begin instructing bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk in together first.

It's my turn to walk down the aisle with Christian before the boys come in. I'm suddenly hyper aware of this stunning man at my side as we walk to the front of the room. We stand at the front of the line of bridesmaids and groomsmen and we're staring at each other, the atmosphere between us is electric and we only break our gaze when Andy and Tuc begin walking down the aisle.

Well shit, that was hot! I gulp and try to refocus on my friends. They look so happy and I am flooded with a rush of love and happiness for them, seeing them both with their moms.

The ceremony is short but amazing and then we're bustled into the gardens to have photos taken which I end up helping to manage, finding the right people for all the photos. I feel Christian's eyes on me the whole time and he's making me nervous.

"Ok just a couple of photos left, if everyone would make their way back inside please." Andy calls to the guests and they begin to filter into the function room. "Not you two, we want a couple more photos with you." Andy grabs my hand and pulls me back to the garden where Tuc and Christian are stood waiting with the photographer and videographer still waiting.
My spidey senses begin to tingle, Christian hasn't stopped staring at me and I feel like I'm on fire under his gaze.

"Ok, sit down at the front you two and grooms at the back." The photographer directs us and we obey, she snaps a few photos and then in the blink of an eye, Andy and Tuc have stepped aside and Christian is down on one knee next to me. My mouth drops open as he opens a box to reveal a stunning diamond ring.

"Laura, I know we haven't been together for that long but I know you're the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. I spend every moment of every day thinking about you and how damned lucky I got to find someone so stunning, so kind, so loving and so perfectly matched for me. I'm really hoping you feel the same way because this is me asking you to be mine for the rest of our lives. Will you marry me?"

I stare at him, astonishment and a slight panic fills me, making me hesitate.
This man is incredible, I've been sort of waiting for it to all fall apart but it hasn't and here he is asking me to marry him. I'd had a feeling they were planning something but I didn't think it would be this big! I had told Andy that I'd say yes if he ever proposed and they're all looking at me anxiously. Am I going to say yes?