𝔽ø𝕣𝕥𝕚 𝕖𝕚𝕟

Chapter forty one

(My math teacher looks a little bit like a rat-fish-dog mutant

(My math teacher looks a little bit like a rat-fish-dog mutant. It's ugly)

.,.,.,.,.,.

The sun was at top by the time Thea forced herself out again. Marielle had left for another archery lesson a while ago, so the daughter of hades decided it was time to get some vitamin D.
She only walked around for a short time before running into the one person she'd been trying to rid her mind of.

"Lana." Piper seemed surprised to see her. "Aren't you supposed to take it slow?"

Thea gave her a fake smile. Every step hurt, but not bad enough so that she couldn't ignore it. Will had said to take it slow, but she - for once - couldn't stand being stuck in the Hades cabin.
"I'm fine, Will healed me up just fine."

If Piper noticed her lie, she didn't act on it. Instead, the daughter of Aphrodite gave her a comforting smile.
"That's good. Are you not joining Marielle at archery? She said you were supposed to be there."

Thea immediately shook her head, a horrified look on her face.
"I'd rather break my ankle nine times over than join another archery lesson."

Piper laughed. It was a beautiful laugh, unlike any laugh she'd ever heard before.
"Well then," she said, reaching out a hand. "How about we take a walk in the strawberry fields? We can escape the arrows together and I'll catch you up on everything you missed after passing out."

Thea rolled her eyes but grabbed her hand anyway. "I couldn't have missed so much in only twelve hours."

"Thirty-six hours, actually."

Thea stopped in her tracks. "Thirty-six? I was out for over a day?"

"You needed all thirty-six of those hours," Piper smiled, grabbing her hand to go to the strawberry fields again. She didn't really feel like doing archery either and Marielle had sent her to get Thea.
"You over-exhausted yourself. Several times."

The daughter of Hades shrugged. "Don't we all?"

"No. No, we don't."

The two demigods quickly got to the strawberry fields. Thanks to the Demeter and Dionysus kids, the strawberries were as tasty as ever.
Thea was sure she could survive the rest of her life on only the camp strawberries if the situation came to it.
"So you challenged Drew for head councillor? That's awesome."

Piper nodded and reached for another strawberry. "Jason's memories have started to return and Leo's gonna show us some extraordinary found later. Then there's a meeting after - pretty sure - that you've gotta be at too, so it's a good thing  you're awake."

"Yay." Thea moved her hands in some 'celebrating' motion, but the sarcasm in the 'yay' was obvious. "I just love head councillor meetings."

"I  have a bad feeling," Piper admitted. "I think something's gonna happen. Worse than Enceladus and his friend the king giant."