Chapter 5

We walked to the river in silence. It wasn’t awkward. We were just both enjoying the nature around us. As we reached the river, we sat down on a bolder next to each other.

Seth sighed, “So…” he began. “I looked up at him curiously. He was still much taller than me sitting down. He was about 6’0, while I was 5’6. “Well, werewolves have these things called imprinting.” I just nodded and let him continue.

“It’s when you see someone, you feel this sudden connection to them. Not just a small connection, but instead a connection that ties you to the earth. Not literally, but figuratively. Its like that person becomes sole reason for existence. All you wanna do is protect them, make them happy, love them.” He said looking me dead in the eye. “To me, you-” he stopped. I looked at him, confused. Before I heard a chuckle. I could easily hear it with my incredible hearing. I must have been too focused on Seth to have noticed the sound. I was about to stand up and attack but Seth stopped me.

He turned his head into the direction of the chuckle and his cheeks flamed. “Go away Paul! I’m telling Rachel!” he groaned. I heard the guy, named Paul’s footsteps grow further. He must be a wolf.

Seth turned back to me, still blushing. I giggled. AGAIN REALLY! Well he did look cute. Oh God what’s wrong with me. “As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, you’re that person to me.” He said really quickly. What did he mean? After it processed through my mind. My eyes widened.

I’m in deep shit.

How was I supposed to execute the mission now? I already felt the connection to him. I couldn’t do this to him! But…. MY SISTERS! What do I do? I was frozen, my mind racing. A voice interrupted my thoughts. “I-I won’t pressure you! I promise! Don’t worry!” I looked at him I had made up my mind. I had to do this. For the benefit of us all, I have to do it. “I’m sorry Seth, I-I can’t, for your sake, I’m sorry.”

I choked out. With tears I ran back to the house, back to my new room. Seth just stood there speechless.

When I reached my bed, I broke down crying.