CH-61

Hinata's POV

'Rimuru's memories, huh? I wonder what it is about.'
'Well, let's see then.'

We then take a peek at Rimuru's memories. It was as if I watching a movie, through someone else's eyes. I guess we are seeing what Rimuru saw back then.

The surrounding is completely destroyed with marks of explosion everywhere. There was no signs of life apart from the corpses on the ground.
'Eeeek. What is this? Why are they all dead?'
'Calm down. Rimuru told me he was a soldier, so this must be a battlefield. We should stay quiet and see what had happened.'

Chloe didn't respond. Even if she has her memories, she is still too pure, I guess. But, now that I think about it, why do all the soldiers have the same uniforms. Shouldn't the opposite side have some casualties as well?

Rimuru continues to move forward. The movement was sluggish and without even seeing his condition, I am sure he is pretty badly injured. As he continues to move, a large crater comes into view. No, calling it a crater would be incorrect. It was as if a large meteor had crashed on to the Earth. At the end of the crater was something that shouldn't exist. Atleast not on Earth.

'Is that a?'
'No way. There were no dragons on Earth, right?'
'Then could it be his memories after he came to this world?'
'Yes. That must be it.'

This conclusion that we had reached was soon proven wrong as well. The vision turns slightly red.

'Is that blood?'
'Most probably.'
'But Rimuru-san has Infinite Regeneration.'
'I know. So, this must mean this is before he reincarnated.'

He continued to move towards a white  dragon. Blood covered its scale at many parts but its white and untainted scales were glowing brightly. Once he reached there, he looked down. There was a pool of blood at his feet, most probably of the dragon. In that blood, we could see Rimuru's reflection. There was a big gash at his forehead which was bleeding and his face, which was the only thing visible, was covered with blood.

'His face is different.' I tell Chloe.
'Um. That means this is how he actually looked before he reincarnated, right?'
'I guess.'
'I know this is not the time to say this, but...'
'But?'
'Rimuru-san was quite handsome, wasn't he?'
'Haaaah?'

Is this what love makes a person? I don't want to fall in love then.

"Tch. So you are still alive." Rimuru said.
"Haha. I am a dragon after all. It is not that easy to kill me, you know."
"Well, that ends now."
"You don't have any ammunition left, do you?"
"I don't need them anymore. You are going to die anyway."
"I guess I will."

They are talking as if they are old friends. I thought they would be at each others throat.

Rimuru just casually goes and sits next to him.

"So you are finally dead now. Happy?"
"Yep. I am glad that I can finally die."
"How old are you, even? Just 'very old' wouldn't cut it, alright."
"In your terms, I should be around 14 billion years old. Though I was sleeping the majority of the time."
'14 billion?'
"Billion? You know how much that is?"
"I know. By the way, do you believe in God?"
"Huh? Why the sudden change of topic?"
"Just answer me."

Rimuru then hesitates for a bit.
"...No. I once did, but it changed after she died."
"So you don't believe in God, huh?"
"No. Not anymore."
"I see. But God is real, you know. He was the one who created me. I am the only one of my species, after all."
"Hahaha. Now that you are dying, is your mind blowing up in smokes?"
"Say whatever you want, but that is the truth."
"Well, if God is real, then I would love to meet him. I will definitely ask him why he didn't help me when she died. But I guess it isn't that easy, is it?"
"No. The path is definitely not easy, but it is not impossible either."
"Oh really?"

Rimuru's tone was of a person that had full doubts about what was being said. Well, I can't blame him. I am the same. If someone were to tell me that it was possible to meet God, even I would doubt if that man was sane.

"Three of us. He created three of us. If you can defeat all three of us, then you can meet him."
"Why tell me all this?"
"Because, now that you have killed me, you are the only one who is legible to meet him. Here take this. These are your proof for defeating me. A trophy of sort."

A beautiful black-violet scale came in front of us.

"Also, he doesn't like to interfere, so it would be difficult to meet him."
"I see."
"I know you won't believe me now, but you will understand soon. I know, because it your fate."
"My fate?"
"Yes. You are fated to be a God-killer. So I hope that you protect those close to you and not go down the path of destruction. Power can take even the most humblest of man to death."
"I will keep that in mind."
"Thanks. I wish you luck in this journey, you call life, friend."
"You could call me by name, you know, Qaris."
"Hahaha. Maybe I could."

"But, your soul is still nameless. Anyway, this should protect your soul." He said this so lightly, that it was difficult to hear. It appears that Rimuru didn't hear it as he was too tired.

"C.C. Tell them that the dragon is dead."
"Understood."

A small drone came in front of Rimuru as the memories of this part of soul came to end.

'Ne, Hinata. What do you think about this? Is he from our world or maybe he is not summoned from Earth, rather some other dimension.'
'No. The chances are low. He knew a lot about the animes and mangas of our world. He also knew the history of our world. Let's ask him about this when we meet again. For now let's not tell anyone about this.'
'Alright.'

After that we continued on our journey. We spread our name as Chronoa, made friends with Ruminas and finally sealed Veldora. I finally beat that arrogant dragon. After that Chloe was summoned and her soul went to her child form. It was then that I finally understood how problematic Chronoa really was.

When I gave the name Chronoa, I lost my skill Usurper. It was as if I had named a monster. And that monster, Chronoa is now constantly fighting for the control over this body as her master, Chloe, is no longer here. But something about her is off. Her aura is cold. It seems as if she would destroy everything once she gains control. S9 I was doing everything to prevent it from happening.

I somehow manage to hold on. I then go to Demon Lord Leon's castle and take Shizue-sensei with me. Then, after teaching her everything I could, I went to Ruminas. It was about time for me to be summoned.

"Ruminas, have you created it?"
"Yes. Now all it needs is a bit of your holy aura."

I pour my mana into it and it starts glowing.
"Thanks for all this. Keep an eye out for me and Rimuru."
"Alright."

As I said that, I entered the Holy Ark. I wonder what will happen to me. Chloe has a proper body to go back to, but I am already dead. I hope Rimuru has done something. Ironic, isn't it. To wish that the person who killed you, will save you.

I then lay inside the coffin and Ruminas then seals it.

---------------------

How was it? I hope you guys liked it. A bit of backstory as well. Like and follow me.