22

Jin was woken up in the middle of the night by some noise, he was startled looking around to find the source of it. He realized quickly it was a groaning coming from Yoongi, he was probably having some discomfort while sleeping, this was becoming a regular occurrence at night.

The baby was about to get here any minute now, Jin's sleep was super light lately because of it. The morning after they got engaged Yoongi was in a lot of pain, they lost not time going to the hospital thinking he was already in labor, fortunately for them it was just Braxton hicks. Yoongi had had them a couple of times during the last couple of weeks, but because the due date was so close, they were in high alert.

Yoongi was at his highest point of general discomfort, it took him hours at night to find a comfortable position to sleep, sitting down made his back hurt quickly, laying down too, and he liked walking but couldn't do it for more than half an hour before his feet started to bother him.

Right before they went to bed the night before he was having a serious one sided conversation with the baby telling him to be out already, but he was sure the "little rascal" was either too stubborn or too comfortable. But he was ready for the baby to be out.

Jin tried to go back to sleep once he check Yoongi was fine, he was making a mental list of the things they needed in case labor started, and remembering where they were. The car, they had decided to use Yoongi's SUV, already had a couple of duffel bags with things for all the three of them for the hospital stay. The backseat already had the baby's car seat correctly attached to it. The hospital route was already decided and the cellphones had it on their navigation apps, as well as the navigation system in the car. They were just waiting for the baby to start the party.

Jin checked his phone one more time to make sure of the hour, 2:30 in the morning, August 31st. He was falling asleep again, he came closer to Yoongi and hugged him while he was sleeping still moaning a little bit. This actually continued through out the night, Yoongi was having a lot more pain, Jin realized that, but he was at least able to still sleep a little.

It was around 6 am when Yoongi woke up with a sharp pain, it was the strongest most excruciating pain he had ever felt, and that was to say a lot considering he had and emergency appendectomy some years ago. He was holding his full body pillow and Jin was back hugging him as well tightly, that actually helped. It lasted for what felt like an eternity and then it was gone, leaving him sore afterwards.

He knew somehow this were the real contractions, this was not a drill but he didn't wake up Jin, he decided to wait to see how often he was having them before going to the hospital. The books Namjoon had given them were very useful with tips for when labor started.

He went back to sleep for another couple hours and he had no more contractions for that period of time. When he woke up again Jin was getting ready to leave for work.

—Hey, I'm about to leave, breakfast is in the kitchen or do you want me to bring it over for you to eat here?—Jin was aware that at this point of pregnancy Yoongi didn't want to move as much at least when it came to go up and down the stairs, so the least bothersome things could be for him, the better.

Yoongi nodded, he was undecided about telling Jin of the contractions, it could take a long time between that first contraction to the baby actually coming out so Jin would probably have nothing to do at home while waiting, but he didn't want to be alone either.

—Jin—Yoongi said doubtful still about telling him or not. The older was already on his way out but turn around in the door to see him.

—Yes, Yoonie?—Jin smiled at him, he thought the younger was probably going to ask for some additional food or something.