Lily of the Pond

Eleven.

Suddenly there's a flash of lightning.
Downstairs, the front door slams open to behold the sight of the Dark Lord entering the room.

"Sorry to be late. Sorry about the boy. Sorry that I'm doing this, but I've waited this long.."

Voldemort marches right upstairs, notices Hermione sitting next to Draco (who is still immovable).

Behind him standing in the hall, now without fear is Narcissa, Lucius, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, Neville, Molly and Arthur Weasley, and Bellatrix (who at the moment is against Voldemort's work).

They all stand in fear. Not of the infamous lord of darkness, but for the sake of Hermione.

The Dark Lord begins his craft of the forbidden curse, "Avada Ka-"

"STOP!"

Draco leaps to his feet, staring at Voldemort with both disgust and anger.

Everyone in the hallway gasp at Draco's leap to Life.

"Draco....you are- you're alive!" Even the Dark Lord holds an expression of surprise.

D: "Very much so, because of her.."

"But- she is a muggleborn.."

"To you, that might be true. But to me.."

Draco looks back Hermione, with her fingers clenching the edge of the mattress and her eyes full of worry and dread. 'She doesn't look too satisfied,' Draco thought to himself. He starts to speak the truth:

"She's the one..my Lord. The only thing that I wish I could've sworn the truth to years ago. But- I couldn't, because of the rules you placed my parents into. And to me. Still I loved her, I truly do. So- So do what you will with me, but please, don't hurt Hermione. She's my lily of the pond. If you can even understand what that means.."

Voldemort didn't know what to say, it's not that he wasn't surprised cause he was. And shocked or ashamed of what he had done.

"You must've hit your head Real hard when you fell, Draco. Either that, or the Griffin-gal here, has hands as hard as stone.."

Draco states a confession, "It's over Voldemort. The Malfoy clan is done with you. I'm not going to be shoved down or around just to be sure that the world follows your dictatorship"

"Very well Malfoys. I'm gone."