Chapter 21

I felt the pressure around my wrist and ankles, my hair matted to my forehead, and something covering my mouth. I slowly opened my eyes because my head was about to explode. Once my vision has come back fully I was almost wishing I couldn't see what I was seeing. I'm in some old basement or something I'm tied in a chair with duck tape around my mouth.

My breathing starts to increase as I become anxious and scared. "Oh good you're finally awake." The voice startles me causing me to flinch and turn my head. I see the boy who I always knew was behind this, James. As he gets closer to me I try to wiggle away but it's no use.

"You really should've listened to me Brooke. Then maybe we wouldn't be in this situation." He's psychotic I'm convinced. I want to speak but I can't the cloth is tied around my mouth tight. He must've noticed my struggle because he removed the cloth. "Don't bother screaming. No ones here." He smirked scaring me beyond repair.

"Why are you doing this?" "Because Brooke I love you!" He screamed making me flinch. "You were always too preoccupied with your little boyfriend Hayes. He doesn't love you Brooke. Not like I do." "You don't even know me!" I screamed getting annoyed.

This made him mad. Mad even that he came towards me and I felt a jolt of pain before slipping into unconsciousness again.

Hayes POV

I didn't want to do it. The last thing I wanted was to break up with Brooke, but this freak kept threatening me. I didn't let it bother me until he threatened Brooke. That's when I knew had to if I wanted to keep her safe.

I was walking home from the park when I got a text from James. It said "come to my house ASAP." I hate this kid but the ASAP worried me so I figured I should go.

I pulled into the driveway and walked right in. "Hello?" "You don't even know me!" I heard someone scream. I went to the source of the voice. I didn't see James as I went down the staircase to the basement. What I did see scared the hell out of me. "Brooke?" She was unconscious tied up in a chair. "Holy shit." I ran towards her starting to become extremely worried. "Holy shit baby wake up. I need you to wake up babe." I shook her until I saw her eyelids flutter open, a huge weight lifted off my chest. "Hayes?" She looked at me with puffy eyes and a bruised cheek. "Baby thank god you're ok" I put her head into my shoulder and gave her a hug even though she couldn't hug me back.

"What happened?" I asked frantically looking in to her eyes. "You need to get out of here! He's gonna hurt you!" She started balling her eyes out barely able to get words out. "Who?" "James! He's gonna kill you! You need to leave!" She was scaring the hell out of me as she cried her eyes out while simultaneously trying to break free. "I have to get you out of here!" I started to un tie the ropes from her legs, and I got one free before I felt a hard force at my head causing Brooke to scream. I fell to the floor not able to get up.

Brooke's POV

I told Hayes to run but he continued to help me. Then out of no where James hit him on the head with a gun, knocking him to the ground. I screamed out in fear. I couldn't believe the turn of events this took in a short amount of time. I couldn't stop hyperventilating, my chest heaving and shaking up and down and I couldn't stop crying. I look over to see Hayes struggling to get up. I whisper under my breath, "Hayes baby please." My voice cracking as I cry.

"Brooke, you could've avoided this! I wouldn't have to kill your little boy toy or you, if you just would've loved me." "James you don't have to hurt anyone!" "Oh but I do, I hate to be the guy who says 'if I can't have you no one can' but, if I can't have you no one can." He points the gun directly at me. "No please James don't!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs even though it's no hope. I look over at Hayes knowing it will be my last time. He looks at me with wide eyes, I mouth 'I love you' before closing my eyes waiting for the blow. "No!" Hayes scream before I hear a gun shot.

Realizing I'm still alive I open my eyes slowly to see James laying there dead. I'm still shaking from all the fear. I hear something drop and I look over to see Hayes has just dropped the gun while staring at his hands. He noticed me and finished untying me quick. I quickly shot up and embraced him in a hug. "Brooke I-I killed him." He backed away from me. "Hayes look at me. You had too, he was going to kill us."

We heard sirens pull up to the house, but we didn't let each other go, I cried in his arms and he stroked my hair. "Police!!!" They screamed as the knocked down the door. "Down here!" Hayes yelled. The police came down and immediately saw James dead on the floor. "Don't worry kids, your safe. Your friend Maddie called and told us about him." "Thank you." I looked at the police officer in the eyes as he handing me a blanket." "I'm glad you're okay kiddo." I look back over to Hayes and continue to hug him. "It's okay, it's over."

Authors note: AHHHH sorry that was such a weird and scary plot twist lol, and if you find the teen wolf reference in this I will love you forever (hint: it's from season 2) and this story is not over yet! There are still more chapters coming! Love you all so so much! I'm trying to figure on who I want to do a story on next so please comment below people:-)