Chapter 19

Soon enough I find myself knocking on the Griers door, but not to see Hayes. I knew Hayes always goes to play football and work out with his friends at this time so it was a safe time to come.

"Hey Brooke?" Nash asked confused. "You know Hayes isn't here right?" "Yeah, I came to talk to you." "Oh, well come in." I give him a smile and we head towards the living room. He grabs us water and we sit down on the couch.

"So what do you need to talk about?" I sigh and pull out my phone, showing him the text from the unknown number.

His eyes widen when he opens the picture, "Holy shit that's weird." "I know, and I have no idea what to do." He looks at me for a minute just thinking. "Well do you think you know who it is?" "I'm almost positive it's James. He was hitting on me when I met Hayes."

"That makes sense." We both sit in silence just trying to comprehend. "What am I supposed to do? I didn't do anything wrong and now I'm being threatened." I try to not start crying again, as my eyes are still puffy from yesterday.

"Don't let him, or whoever it is, scare you Brooke. You make Hayes so happy and I can tell he makes you happy too." He puts a hand on my shoulder. "Everything will be okay, and you can always come to me for help."

"Thank you Nash. You're like the big brother I never had." I laugh. "Well I'm glad." He pulls me into his arms and gives me a big bear hug. "I better go before Hayes gets back." "Okay, see you around Brooke."

I showed myself out and headed back home. I needed to tell Maddie she deserved to know. She's tough, I know she can handle this.

Once Maddie arrives we go and sit in my room. "So what's up? I got your code red text?" I take a deep breath hoping that she takes this okay. "You remember James right?" "Yeah, the asshole who hit on you." I told her about the grocery store run in, then I showed her the text and the picture.

Her jaw hung open. "I'm never opening my windows again." She laughs. "I'm so sorry Maddie you shouldn't even be in this mess." "Don't blame yourself! I'm a strong girl B, I can handle a little pervert." She gives me a reassuring smile.

"Don't break up with Hayes though. James or whoever can't and won't hurt me." "M, you're amazing." "I know." She flips her hair and we laugh. "No more stressing for you! It's summer we should be having fun! Let's go to the mall!" Her eyes light up. "I've had my eye on this super cute topshop shirt and I want it now."

She grabs my hand and drags me to get dressed so we can go to the mall. Once looking presentable we head towards the mall blasting music. I could really use the friend time away from all this stupid stalker drama.

Once we arrive Maddie keeps dragging me to all different stores making me try on anything she thought was cute. "Ooooh Hayes would love you in this." She holds up a sparkly sequin long sleeve, dark blue dress, that is way too short. "Maddie!" I scold her. "What I'm just saying! You would look hot!"

Shopping around with Maddie made me feel ten times better than this morning. Hanging out with a friend made me forget that basically everything was falling apart.

"Thanks again Maddie, you're literally the best." I chuckled realizing how lucky I am. "Oh don't thank me! What are best friends for?" She smirked and nudged me with her elbow.

After Maddie dropped me off at my house I immediately went upstairs and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. I am constantly taking showers, I just feel so relaxed and calmed, feeling the hot water release the tension in my muscles. I was having a relaxing shower until I heard a loud sound downstairs.

"Mom?" I opened the shower door and got no response. I was honestly freaking out because of everything going on lately. "Mom is that you?" I asked once more before turning off the shower and grabbing a towel and wrapping myself in it.

I stepped out of the bathroom and into my room slowly and cautiously. Peeking my head in first before entering. "AHHH!" I let out a high pitched girly scream as I saw someone standing in my room. But when they turned around I let out a sigh of relief because it was just Hayes. "Holy crap you gave me a heart attack." I places my hand over my chest then once again realized I was only wrapped in a towel.

"Hahah hello to you too babe." He laughed with that damn cute half smile. As soon as I reached for my towel in embarrassment he picked up on my nervousness and smirked while walking towards me.

" I should go get changed." I awkwardly looked down. As I turned around though he grabbed by elbow and pulled me back in as I held a death grip on my towel. "I don't wanna make you uncomfortable but there is nothing I want more than to rip this towel right off your body."

Here comes the zoo in my stomach. I bit my lip as I tried to keep calm, why does he have to be so attractive? He pulled me in for a kiss and I gladly kissed back. His hand moved down and squeezed my butt. "Hayes!" I laughed. "Go get changed babe." He laughed back at me. I gave his lips and quick peck before going to change.

After I changed and put on a bit of makeup I walked back into my room to see Hayes sitting on the bed. I felt really bad that I was trying to avoid him because this crazy stalker wants me to break up with him. I saw a box that from the malls dress store sitting on the bed. "Hayes are you serious you shouldn't have." I gave him a look, but I was quickly worried when he looked at it in confusion.

"I didn't buy you anything." He looked at me concerned. I walked over to open the box and almost fainted at the sight. It was the blue sparkly dress Maddie showed me. There was a note that read "Maddie was right you would look hot in this dress;)". "Brooke is there something you need to tell me?" My whole world was slowly falling apart.

Authors note: I know I never write anymore but you have no idea how busy I get and I just have no time so I'm sorry but I'm not gone I'm still here I just take a lot longer than others! I'm sorry y'all.