Chapter 11

"Dad, why...why are you h-here?" I could barely get the words out. "What do you mean? I was just at work?" He gives me a confused look and steps inside.

I follow him into the kitchen and see my mom. "Mom, what's dad doing here?" My mom gives me the same confused look, well he lives here doesn't he?" She giggled.

My mom was cooking spaghetti and meatballs. And that's when it all came rushing came to me.

"Brooke wake up!" I hear my dad yell, making me confused. "Brooke!" Then the voice changes, Hayes?

I jolt awake. Breathing heavy and sweating. I look over and see Hayes with worried eyes. "You okay?" He rubs his hand up and down my back. I can't help it as the tears come streaming out.

"Baby, tell me what happened." He pulls me into his chest and continues to rub my back.

"It was a nightmare, it was the first day that my dad h-hit me." I wipe away my tears and take a deep breath. "Just remember, it's just a dream. He can't hurt you anymore. I will always be here to protect you."

"Thank you. For everything, starting from the time at the party." "The pleasure is all mine." He kisses my forehead and we both fall back asleep.

I wake up later to see Hayes on his phone. "Good morning." He said immediately smiling at me. "Hey." I planted a kiss on his lips.

"Brooke, I know you don't want to talk about it, but you can't just hide at my house forever..." "Why not?" I said sarcastically and we both laughed.

"Do you want to call Maddie?" I remembered back to only yesterday when she was bashing Hayes. "No, not really."

"I need to go back home." I exclaim, "I've got to figure this out, you know?" "Yeah, I get it." He replied understanding. "Just stay for breakfast?" He put a cheesy smile on his face. "Okay fine." I gave in giggling.

He gave me a big t-shirt to change into. It was his football teams shirt. I also threw my hair up in a high pony tail and walked out of the bathroom.

Hayes' eyes raked up and down my body causing me to feel self conscious. "What?" I questioned. "Nothing, you look hot in my clothes." He winked and I couldn't help but blush. He held my hand and led me to the kitchen.

"So, what do you want to eat?" Hayes asked rummaging through the pantry. "I don't care, you pick."

Just then skylynn races down the stairs, "HAYES!!" He turns around and holds his arms out and picks her up engulfing her in a hug. My heart melting at the sight. He starts to tickle her and she laughs uncontrollably.

"Sky, what should we eat?" He sets her down. "Umm, brownies?" She bats her eyelashes and I giggle causing Hayes to stare at me and smile. "How about something normal for breakfast?" He asks again.

"Umm, oh, I know! French toast!" Her eyes light up. "Sure thing!" "Wait, Hayes..." "Yeah sky?" "Can Brooke make it, I bet she is better than you." She giggles. "What? Fine. I bet she is too." He shoots me a wink.

"We will start right now sky!" "Yay! I'm gonna go wake up Nashy!" With that she rushed up the stairs.

"Oh my gosh, she is so adorable." I grab out the eggs. "Yeah, she's crazy though." He laughs, we start making the French toast. I hear a crack then "fuck." I turn around the see Hayes has dropped the egg and it is all over his foot.

"Hayes! Don't cuss your sister might hear!" He starts to speak until we hear Nash coming down the stairs. "Dammit Skylynn why did you wake me?" We both start to laugh. "I'm not the only one." He jokes.

We set the French toast in front of Skylynn and she devours it, Nash takes some as well. Hayes and I start to eat and I cover it in syrup. "Wow Brooke, slow down there." Hayes makes fun of me.

I playfully slap his arm, "Shut up!" After we eat Hayes and I went back into his room so I could get my clothes and go back home. "Thanks so much for letting me stay here while my mom gets over her alcohol issue." I shiver at the thought.

"It's no problem babe. I don't want to see you sad." He wraps his arms around my waist. "You're the best." I turn around the face him. "Right back at cha'." He kisses my forehead.

We walk out to the car and he turns on some music. He starts to play cage the elephant. "Oh my gosh, I love this band." "Really?" "Yeah!" He turns it up and the rest of the ride is just us enjoying music and talking about our favorite bands.

We pull into the driveway and I prepare to face my mom. "You want me to come with you?" Hayes questions. "Nah, I'm fine. I will text you." I give him a kiss and walk up the porch.

Hayes waves and drives off. I walk inside cautiously. "Mom?" I look around and walk in the living room.

I find her sitting on the couch staring into space. "Mom?" As soon as she looks at me she starts crying. I run over and sit next to her. "Mom, what's wrong?" I pull her into a hug, sure I'm still a little upset but I can't just be cold hearted.

"I'm so sorry." She keeps repeating. "For what?" She cups my cheek, indicted that she was sorry for hitting me. I place my hand on top of hers. "It's fine...but why?"

She takes in a deep breath. "I'm sorry." "Mom, you have to tell me." I urge her.

"It's your father, he is looking for us."

Authors note: oh my gosh I haven't updated in so long, I'm so sorry! But I got 2k reads holy crap! Thank you!❤️ Hayes haircut omg.