Chapter 9

Brooke's POV

I called Maddie over and told her everything. "Isn't that great?!" I squealed. She didn't move a muscle, she didn't even smile. "M?" I said sinking into my chair.

"He's bad news." She flat out said. "He isn't a good influence on you. I don't want you hurt." I was shocked at Maddie's words.

"What the heck Maddie? You don't know him an-" she cut me off. "And you do?! You just met him!"

I looked down. "Maddie, you pushed me to go to all these parties and crap!" I yelled.

"B, I dated a guy like Hayes, he broke my heart. I love you too much to see you get hurt." With that she got up and left. "Unbelievable." I muttered to myself.

I got up to get water when I heard a knock at the door, really she's back already? I jog over and open the door. "Listen Maddie why do you-" I looked up to see someone that was not Maddie.

"Oh, hey Hayes." I said embarrassed. "Ummm, hi?" He chuckled and gave me a look. "It's a long story...want to come in?" I asked opening the door. "Thanks." He walked inside looking around my house.

I walked into my the living room, kitchen area and grabbed a water bottle. "Want one?" I asked Hayes. "Nah, I'm good."

I walked over to the bar stools and sat down next to him. Awkward is the only word to explain this situation. "So, why were you mad at Maddie? Aren't you two like best friends or something?"

"Yeah, but...umm..." I struggled to get the words out because I felt bad that she said those things about him.
"Well, she said that she thinks you're a bad influence on me. I just don't think she trusts you yet."

He nodded understanding. "Yeah, I mean I get that. But she doesn't know a thing about me, just the rumors."

"She thinks you're some party animal who just drinks all the time." He chuckled, "Well for starters, I don't drink, never have."

I have always heard that Hayes drinks so naturally I was confused. "Wait, really?" I asked sitting up in my seat. "Yeah." "But, everyone says you do..."

"Exactly Brooke, it's just a rumor." He said while winking. "Well great, now I seem like a drinking...crazy person." I said laughing.

He laughed with me, "You are not a crazy drunk." He placed a hand on my thigh instantly sending electricity through me.

"So Brooke." He said with a smirk.
"So Hayes." I said mocking him.

"Let's do something!" He said whining. "Like what?" "I have an idea but you have to get dressed."

I looked down at my sweats. "Yeah I will be right back." I giggled and ran upstairs.

I changed into some denim shorts, a coral loose blouse, and gladiator sandals. Even though it's hot where we go might be cold so I also grabbed a cute loose beige sweater that only goes to the elbows.

I then did my makeup and straightened my hair quick. With one last final look I grabbed my phone and walked down the stairs.

Hayes was sitting in the chair on his phone looking bored as ever. "Hey, so is this a good outfit?" I said looking down at myself skeptical.

"You look, wow, perfect." Here comes the strawberry cheeks. "Thanks, let's go!" We headed to his car.

"Where are we going anyways?" I questioned. "You will see." He smirked.

It was going to get dark soon and I didn't want my mom to worry. I pulled out my phone and sent her a quick text. "Hey mom, I'm with a friend. I will text you when I am on my way home! Love you!"

I put my phone back in my pocket. "Are we almost there?" "Almost!" He replies in a sing-song voice.

We pulled up to a creepy old...amusement park? "Hayes where are we?" I asked getting out of the car.

"Fun-town!" "Doesn't look very fun..." He chuckled. "It got shut down around 50 years ago."

"Why don't they tear it down?" "Well there was a murder and they never figured out what happened so this place is like a crime scene."

My eyes go wide. I'm awful at scary stuff. I stood there in shock. "Hah! I so got you! I'm totally kidding!" "Hayes!" I smacked his shoulder. He just laughed.

"Come on! I want to show you something!" He grabbed my hand and started running. We were at some huge building right next to the ferris wheel. After climbing what felt like a billion flights of stairs we made it to the top.

"Are you ready?" Hayes asked holding the door handle. "Umm yeah." I answered. He opened the door to reveal a roof, and I stepped out on to it. "Oh my gosh." You could see everything. The whole amusement park and on. The sun was also setting so the sky was a beautiful pink and blue.

"It's amazing." I look back to Hayes to see him staring right at me. "Let's sit." Hayes plopped down onto the concrete. "What is this building?" I asked. "It's to control all the rides and stuff. It's got all the repair stuff too." I nodded not being able to take my eyes off the beautiful sight.

"Wow." Was all I could get out of my mouth. Hayes fell onto his back and I did the same. "Brooke, I know this pretty counts but we should go out sometime?" He said as if it was a question.

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?...." I asked, then immediately regretted it. "I'm sorry, of course you're not I me-" He cut me off. "Yeah I am." I turned my head back to face him. "Oh, then yes." I smiled.

He held my hand and we just watched the sunset. I leaned my head into his shoulder and we just stayed there.

I was drifting off to sleep when I felt my phone buzz. I pulled it out and checked that I had a message from my mom. "I loveee flfj you hkney!!!!19274" What the heck?

"Hayes look at what my mom texted me." He examined the text. "Is she drunk?" He finally spoke out. "Oh my gosh she must be! Ugh we should go." I stood up and started jogging down the steps.

We pulled up to my house and I just sat in the car. "Do you want me to come with you?" Hayes placed his hand on top of mine. "Yes please." He must've noticed my nerves.

I opened the door and we walked towards the living room. "Oh my gosh." There was my mom sprawled against the couch drinking a beer. There was countless beers and bottles of vodka all over the table.

"Ohhh hey honey!" She slurred her words. "What the hell mom?" I yelled furious. My mom promised never to drink after the drama with my dad.

"What's up kids?" She stumbled towards us. Hayes held my hand and calmed be down. "Who's this?" She asked placing her hand on Hayes shoulder. "This is Hayes." Hayes smiled removing her hand and shaking it.

"He's a cutie!" "Mom you're drunk! You promised!" "Oh shutup!" I've had it with drinking people, I knocked the drink out of moms hand onto the floor causing it to shatter everywhere.

Then I saw something in her eyes I've never seen before. She looked extremely furious. That's when her hand came in contact with my face as she slapped me. I winced in pain. Hayes stood in front of me to stop me from fighting back.

"We are leaving!" Hayes yelled at my mom and he grabbed my waist and pulled me out. "Wow I never knew my daughter was such a bitch!" I couldn't believe what I heard. I pushed Hayes away and stormed back over to my mom. I knocked over, kicked, and threw every bottle I could see.

"You fucking promised!" I yelled before running back over to Hayes. He pulled me out to his car and we drove away to his house. I looked back one more time at the house I never want to go back to.

Authors Note: sorry I haven't updated! I wanted to make this a good chapter(: comment what you think!😘😘