Chapter 7

BROOKES POV

I woke up with a pounding headache. I rubbed my eyelids not bothering to open them. "Ughhh." I groaned, I couldn't exactly put together what happened last night.

I open my eyes and I see a small little girl. Startled, I jump back. "Ahh! Umm who are you?" I ask the cute little blonde. "Who are you? You're in poo bears bed!" She giggles. Huh? I look around and slowly realize I'm not in my room.

I start to panic a little, until Hayes walks back in, shirtless. "Oh, you're awake!" I nod my head still confused. "Oh, Brooke, this is my little sister Skylynn." I smile and nod.

The little girl throws her hand out. "Hi Brooke! I'm skylynn!" I shake her hand and smile. "Nice to meet you!" I say back. "Sky, why don't you go play in your room?" "Fine." She walks out of the room and shuts the door.

"Sorry about that." Hayes apologizes. "Oh, it's fine, she's so cute!" "Haha, yeah. Here's some Advil and water." He hands me the tablets and a cup. "Thanks." I swallowed the pill and chugged the water.

"Okay so Brooke I think we should talk about last night I-" Hayes was cut off by his door opening. "Hey Hayes mom wants you to- oooohhh Hayes getting some I see?" My eyes widened. "Nash no, no, j-just shut up."

Okay now I was really confused. The tall boy, that looked only a few years older than us, walked over to me. "Hi, I'm Nash, Hayes' older brother." "I'm Brooke." I smile back. "Okay Hayes, well mom wants you but you better be able to explain this to me later." He says looking at Hayes, then me, then back at Hayes.

"I know! Just go." Hayes stammers. Nash threw his arms up in defense. "Leaving!" Nash yells walking out.

"So, poo bear, anymore siblings I should know about?" I laugh. "Haha very funny." He says sarcastically. "I have another older brother named Will but he sleeps in almost all day." I just nod.

"Okay so we should probably talk about last night...." I begin. "Yeah, well for starters, you were drunk." I sigh and slap my forehead. "Gosh, I'm stupid." I laugh at myself.

"Basically I took Maddie home and I knew you couldn't go home like that, and now we are here." He says holding his hands out looking around the room. "So, where's my car?..." "Don't worry we will go get it today."

"Brooke, can I ask you something?" "Yeah, go for it." "Well last night when you were drunk, I took you into the spare bedroom and you told me something, do you remember?" Hayes asked cautiously. "Ummm no I don't think I remember." I said squinting my eyes trying to replay last nights events.

"Well, you told me about your dad and that he hit you..." I guess that slipped out. "Umm, yeah, he did a few times." "Did you ever tell your mom?" "No, I was too scared. Then my mom got tired of him being drunk so she kicked him out, I didn't need to worry anymore."

"Brooke I'm really sorry." Hayes said emphasizing the really. "It's fine, really, I mean I don't need to be scared at home anymore. Everything is great." Hayes gave me a small smile and I returned it. We both just sat there, just looking at each other. It was both sweet and awkward.

"Well I really should go home." I break the silence. "Yeah let's go get your car."

Hayes gets dressed and I grabbed my shoes. "Okay, let's go." Hayes says grabbing his car keys. We almost walked out the door when. "Hayes? Is that you?" "Damn." Hayes mumbles. "What is it?" I question.

"My mom... Uhhh... Come on, I will make an excuse." "Wait wha- wow!" I was silenced by Hayes grabbing my hand and pulling me back to the source of the voice. "Hey mom." Hayes says, but what shocked me was what I saw. It was his mom, but it wasn't any other mom sitting on the couch reading a magazine. It was Hayes' mom laying in what looked like a hospital bed. Covered in tubes attached all over her body. Her face was a sickly white. My heart broke and shattered in pieces all over the floor.

"Oh, who is this?" She asks snapping me out of my thought. "Oh, hi Mrs.Grier, I'm Brooke." I smile and shake her hand. "Brooke found a book I left behind in class and wanted to return it." Hayes lies. "Well thank you Brooke." I smile and nod. "Brooke you can go wait by the door I will be there in a minute." "Okay." I walk off towards the door.

As I walked away I could still hear their conversation. "Hayes I need some help but don't worry I will make Nash do it." "Are you sure mom?" Hayes questions. "Yeah, yeah, go with her." "Okay mom."

"Hayes, one more thing." "Yeah?"
"Brooke seems like a nice girl, I hope to see her more often, hold on to that girl." I couldn't exactly tell but I could've sworn I heard Hayes say, "I plan too."

Authors note: The next few chapters might not be super exciting but I will try and make them somewhat interesting! The drama starts later😉 Hope you enjoy! Comment, vote, all that good stuff! Love y'all!😘