Chapter 5

HAYES' POV

I didn't really want to go to this end of year party, but my friends will be there and I could use some cheering up. I was so rude to Brooke today, I felt awful. I just wasn't in the best mood and I guess I took it out on her. I walked inside and went straight to the kitchen, pushing past drunk people. Once I walk in I grab a water bottle and sit down on the couch. It's a lot quieter in here, I just pulled out my phone and scrolled through Instagram.

"Hey babe!" I looked up to see Ally. "Oh hi." I replied coldly. We aren't dating really but we've made out a couple times. "Why haven't you answered my calls baby?" Ally moves towards me and sits on my lap. I roll my eyes, push her off of me before standing up. "Listen Ally, you're nice but I just don't think of you as more than a friend....sorry." "Well...ugh! I hate you Hayes Grier!" Ally yells and storms towards the party.

I hear some giggling coming from the living room. "CHUG CHUG CHUG." I decided to go see what stupid stuff was going on now. But what I saw was different then what I expected to see...

It was Brooke, for starters she was dressed like a total slut. She was obviously drunk and was continuing to drink. I didn't see her friend Maddie though, she should be here helping Brooke. Guys were swarming around her and it put my temper through the roof. They just wanted to take advantage of her. Next think I know James is making out with her and touching her. God, he can't stop with this girl. I had to stop this.

I walk over and push the two apart. "Hayes! What the hell?" James asks while shoving me. "I beat you up once, don't make me do it again." I threaten, he gave me a glare before turning away. "Hayes, what are you doinggg?" Brooke slurs. "Come on let's get out of here." Although I hate James I know his house pretty well. I drag Brooke into a spare bedroom. "Ugh I was having fun you know?" Brooke whines. "You're drunk Brooke." I fire back at her and hold her wrists. "So what? It's not like you care about me, you hate me!" She yells back, ouch, that hurt.

"Look Brooke I don't hate you. I'm sorry I was just mad." I run my fingers through my hair with frustration. "It's whatever...." She starts to speak as she sits down on the bed. "Why don't you just go drink and have fun like my dad did, just don't hit me like he did." She mumbled the last part. "Wait? What did you say?" She looked at me with sad eyes.

Authors note: ooooohhh I guess Brooke left out a part about her father😮 hahah, hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I think in a previous chapter I said that the party was on Saturday but it should've been Friday because it's the last day of school! So, sorry about that! I hope everyone is liking this book so far!