chapter six

Fast forward to the last day of break, I was rather excited for school the next day. Surprising isn't it? Well honestly, all I'm excited about is to see Shadow and meet some new friends. It was morning again, woken up by the birds chirping and Mother's lovely aroma of breakfast. I ran down, eager to know what Mother made for breakfast today.

As I chomped down onto the egg bread and apple juice Mother made. Turns out it was so late that the smell was actually from today's lunch and Mother just made me a quick breakfast before I went on with my daily park outing. I ran back upstairs, grabbed whatever I needed and waved goodbye to Mom and promised I'll be back just in time for lunch unlike those other times that I was very late and the food went cold.

"Oh hello.. nice to meet you again." Said a familiar voice as I was looking down on my phone.

I looked up and saw.. Shadow! Boy was I happy to finally see him again. He hasn't been around everyday and I started to miss him because of that.

"Finally! Where have you been?" I asked in curiosity.

"I had work." He replied, rather sternly.

"Oh.. what kind of work? Or did you tell me before?" I questioned, as my forgetful mind failed me.

"I don't think I did and I won't." He slowly started walking the opposite direction of me. He just didn't seem the same as before.

"Are you okay? You seem quite off today." I asked in concern of his well-being.

"Yea I'm alright, just tired from all the work stuff. I haven't been showing up here as often as before because as I became older, I also have more responsibilities." He explained.

"Honestly what kind of work makes you work more as you get older? Now I have no idea what he work as.." I thought.

"Well okay.. you should rest then, come with me!" I ran to the nearest bench and sat down, pulling out the right earpieces motioning for him to listen to music together with me.

He sat down next to me, putting on the earpiece. We sat there in awkward silence. I decided to break the silence with another question.

"So, are you excited for school tomorrow?" I smiled awkwardly.

"No." Came a cold reply.

"Oh, why so?" deciding to continue the conversation.

"School is never fun, is it to you?" He suddenly switched to a softer tone and turned to face me too.

I jerked back, blushing as how close our faces were again. I did try to cool down before answering the question, also feeling embarrassed.

"Yea! Especially seeing my friends everyday.. but thats no longer a thing anymore." I said as my smile faded into a frown and my eyebrows narrowed.

"Yea.. but no worries, I can introduce you to my friends in school if you'd like. And besides, I'm sure you'd make tons of friends with your bright personality." He smiled. I blushed.

God I could feel literal butterflies in my stomach. I wanted to start kicking air but that'll make me look possessed so I obviously didn't. I just smiled back, I wasn't expecting such a soft side of this ebony hedgehog. He looked more like a bully, a hot one. I'm glad I met him before school started though. I looked at my watch and realised it was time to go.

"Hate to leave but I have to, I promised my mother that I would be on time for lunch. See you later? Or in school tomorrow." I grinned and chuckled.

Shadow nodded his head, I don't know to which question but then he suddenly kissed my cheek. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?? He just smiled softly and teleported away. I was left in literal shock. What just happened?? Was that his way of saying goodbye?? I started feeling light-headed from all the blushing and quickly ran home before I got nagged at by Mom. And luckily, I made it in time! Phew.

Whilst eating, I kept thinking about what just happened and kept smiling, lightly blushing. That kissing scene just kept replaying in my mind and I didn't know how to get rid of it. My thought bubble bursted as my father abruptly asked me a question.

"Son, why are you blushing so much? Did something happen just now?" He raised a brow.

"More like did someone happen just now?" Mother hyped father up while smiling widely like a teen fangirl.

I blushed even more, covering my face with one hand and replied "No Mom, Dad nothing happened.. I just saw someone that was pretty and I can't stop thinking about her!" I haven't opened up to Mom nor Dad that I was bisexual, so I had to lie.

Mom squealed once again while Father teased around saying "Guess our son and already found his neighbourhood lover!" He raised his eyebrows up and down and I just sighed. Sometimes my parents can be so lame, cringe and annoying.

After finishing up lunch, I ran up to my room, thinking whether I should text Shadow or not. I stared at my phone, both bored and clueless on what to do. Then I received a notification.

Shadow: 'hey.'

Me: 'Oh.. hi!'

Shadow: 'yea sorry bout just now.. i couldn't control myself.'

Me: 'Nah its alright haha'

Shadow: 'cool. wyd?'

Me: 'Nothing much, just texting you I guess..'

Shadow: 'oh alright, meet u at the park?'

Me: 'Oh! Sure sure'

Shadow: 'alright, see u.'

Me: 'Cya!'

Omg! I grabbed my earpieces and jacket, since it was raining, and dashed off straight to the park.