chapter eleven

Sonic's POV
I woke up, and immediately remembered what happened yesterday. I frowned again but I knew I had to get ready for school so I did my daily morning routine again and set off for school before I was late.

While walking there, someone called out to me, it was Tails! He almost immediately realised my bad mood and asked me what was wrong, if I was comfortable with telling him.

He reminded me of Gray, they pretty much acted the same. I frowned again, I shook my head and continued to look down while walking. To indicate that I wasn't ready to talk about what was on my mind.

Tails just followed me, silently, all the way to school and it was as boring as usual. The cycle and situations was always the same.

Nearing the end of school, someone called out to me again at the hallway, I looked behind me and I saw the same ebony hedgehog waving to me. I wanted to ignore him so bad but he quickly caught up with me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, surprisingly sounding concerned.

I continued walking, without replying him and suddenly he grabbed my arm and teleported me to somewhere I didn't know, it looked like an alley way.

"What the hell! I still have school you know? Plus, where the heck am I?!" I asked with rage.

"Look, I'm sorry! I'll teleport you back to school once you tell me whats wrong and why you're ignoring me!" He sounded, shaky?

"Nothings wrong.." I looked down, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Seriously? Then why are you ignoring me! And what happened yesterday? You just left without even telling me why.."

"I don't wanna talk about it! And stop bothering me, its you who is making me feel this way!"

And with that I stomped off. I could feel Shadow's eyes staring at me as I walked off. I didn't know where I was, nor where I was going. So I just hoped I could find my way somehow.

Shadow's POV
"What was that! Does he even know where he's going? I'm gonna figure out what's happening sooner or later. But now, I need to teleport Sonic back to school.."

I ran up to him to quickly grab his arm and teleported us to school while I teleported away from him before he could react and somehow hit me. I felt broken, like someone I actually loved doesn't love me back. I need to know what happened, in order to get him back.

Sonic's POV
"What just happened! It all happened so fast I couldn't even react.. well now I need to get to class before I'm late. Then, I'll process this situation."

I made it to class just in time, I sat at the seat that Silver saved for me. For the rest of the lesson, I just zoned out and kept thinking about what happened and what will happen.

A few days later..

"I'm gonna go back home now! It's getting late and my parents are probably worried." I told Tails.

"Sure! You can come back tomorrow if you want, then we can finish the project together!" He replied.

I left Tail's house, put on my earpieces and listened to calming music as I walked home with the nice cooling weather. It was already pretty dark as it was around 8pm. Just then, I saw someone familiar in a bar when I walked through the alley way.

What the heck?! Is that Shadow?? He's not even old enough to drink! I need to get him out of there!

Without a second thought, I ran inside and shouted at Shadow. But not too loud for the whole bar to hear what I was saying.

"Shadow! What are you doing here? You're too young to be drinking!"

But I received no response, and that's when I realised that Shadow was too drunk! He was swaying left and right, looking like he might faint any time soon. I quickly carried him out and to his home before we got caught but boy was he heavy! I struggled but eventually managed to piggyback him and run all the way to his house to put him onto his bed.

I was about to leave his room when I heard him say..

"Why have you been ignoring me these past few days? I just want to know what happened."

I turned around to see Shadow sitting up on his bed looking at me with his ruby eyes. I blushed a little as he slowly got up and walked towards me.

"Please, just answer me. Tell me the truth."

He pinned me to the wall and towered over me. I blushed even more as my legs felt weak.

"Fine, I don't know why I've been ignoring you myself! Something just told me that I would've gotten hurt if I fell for you even more. I've missed you so much it hurts! But I just couldn't bring myself to talk to you.." I mumbled.

"Why did you think you'd get hurt?!"

"Because Rouge said you were a player.. and the number of people you left brokenhearted was insane! I didn't want myself to be heartbroken too.. knowing how much I love you if we dated but broke up, I wouldn't know how to get over you.."

"But I really do love you. More than anyone else I've dated before."

And with that Shadow cupped my face and pulled me in for a passionate kiss. I was shocked at first but closed my eyes and kissed back. I felt Shadows tongue slowly slip into my mouth and explored it. I just let him be, I dreamt for this to happen for the longest time anyways.

We finally broke the kiss after what felt like forever but honestly, I didn't want it to stop. Shadow smirked and went back to his bed, sitting down and staring into space.

Seriously? After all that and he didn't even say a thing.. maybe he's just drunk, maybe he doesn't actually love me..

"I know you might be thinking that I only kissed you because I'm drunk and I promise I can tell you a million times that I really do love you and I want you so badly." He said as he looked up at me again.

I blushed, those words really touched my broken heart. But I still didn't know what to think, it was all too complicated.

"I should really go.. its very late and you need rest, assuming that you're pretty drunk." I mumbled.

"Okay see you tomorrow." He said as he laid down onto his bed.

I sighed and quickly rushed home, thinking about what happened just now..