chapter one

"Sonic, come down! We need to speak with you." the sound of my dad, Jules, echoed the hallways.

I was playing my new video game while my Dad called out for me. Reluctantly, I paused my game and went down before my dad called the second time, which would result to me getting nagged at. As always, I ran, practically flew, down the stairs as I absolutely LOVE running.

"Yes Dad?" I raised my tone in order for him to hear me while I was nearing the end of the long flight of stairs.

"Son, we'd like to speak to you about moving to a common neighbourhood. I know you wouldn't like this information but your father and I have decided that it'll be better to live a normal life." my mom announced.

"No, why! I love it here! My house, my friends.." my words trailed off before I revealed that I fight with other enchanted animals to train myself for the worse.

"I know son, but it is for the better. We'd be moving next week, maybe you should start packing up because of how many things you have." Father suggested.

I walked up, dragging my feet and slouching, on the way up back to my room. I flopped myself onto my bed looking at my phone. "Should I tell them already? What would they say?" I thought. By the way, the "they" mentioned are my present friends, Gray, Midnight, Roxanne (made up characters) and my girlfriend Sally. They were always very supportive of me. Plus, we've been friends for a few years now so I wouldn't know their reactions to this horrible news. I didn't want to move away, myself, because what if my new school had bullies and I would just go back to my old self, the one always getting bullied. I shook off the negative feeling and went back to doing what I enjoy most, playing video games.

It was the next day already, I had to wake up and go to school. Maybe it was the right time to announce and explain the situation to them? I really don't know. I was thinking hard about it while walking to school when I heard a familiar voice, "Hey Sonic!" It was Gray! "Wassup my dude!" and we did our bro shake. Gray was my first friend, he was the one whom introduced me to Midnight, Roxanne and even Sally! Gray and I were very close since the start of middle school and we always would play video games together.

"Why are you walking? Normally you'd run so fast that you'll be the first one in school! Is anything wrong?" Gray asked, in concern.

I wanted to say "yes" because something is wrong but I don't know whether its the right time or not.

"Yea there is something bothering me but I'll only tell you when the whole friend group is together at lunch, okay?" I said, reassuringly.

Gray nodded but still with worry in his eyes, but as always he would try to crack up some jokes here and there to make the atmosphere become a better mood. He never fails to cheer me up whenever I am upset. Thats another reason why I love him so much, as a friend of course, I still have a girlfriend and I am straight!

Not long later we reached school, and we parted our ways towards our lockers as our lockers were quite far apart. Though, we were still in the same class so we would always see who is the first to come into class, and the winner gets to tickle the loser for 5 seconds, just a harmless fun little game haha.

Well, as always, I was the first one to reach the class. So I continued with the forfeit, and suddenly a wave of sadness washed over me as the thought of leaving my bestest friend for another school, another neighbourhood broke my heart. I would forever remember our great memories. Well for Midnight, Roxanne and Sally, they were in different classes, Midnight is alone and Roxanne is with Sally. Sometimes I wonder how Gray even met them but oh well.

Soon after, it was lunch, and I had to break the news to them. I felt sad but also relieved for getting the stress off of my shoulders, I didn't expect their reactions though..

Gray broke into tears, man this is the first time I've actually seen him cry this much! Sally obviously cried to, also due to the fact that we had to break up. Midnight and Roxanne shed some tears and kept their frowns on their faces, seeing their reactions made me cry to. I'd miss them so much that it'll hurt so bad, I just know it.

Gray wiped his tears away and calmly but brokenly said, "W-Well lets just m-make this week count" and he ended with a smile. Everyone else agreed and smiled back. I couldn't help but shed another tear, knowing how much this week would mean to me, I must treasure it dearly.

After school, we agreed to go out to my favourite mall, Gold's Golden Village, it was a weird name but it has the best stores and restaurants, even arcades! We went there and played at my favourite arcade, Pay and Fun, another weird name but OMG they have the best games! I don't go to this mall often because I never really had the time to, but since the middle school year is ending, we barely have any homework which really helped.

Next we ate at my favourite restaurant, Chicken Cheese, sounds familiar? I think so too. But anyways they have the best fried chicken because they serve it hot with tons of cheese and mmm best combo! Yes, it is quite messy but delicious too. The drinks there are also to die for! Its cheap and delicious, basically a win win situation!

When I went back home it was already late, around 9pm but my parents didn't mind, since they knew I wanted to spend time with my friends before moving away forever. So after that, I changed, brush my teeth and went straight to bed, of course after texting my girlfriend a little hehe. But yea today was a blast! And I hope tomorrow would be even better!