Chapter 1: Separate Tides

3rd POV

A ball of light shines brightly in a (S/c) hand as (Y/n) leads the way with Luz, who was carrying the Owl Staff in the other through a cave.

(Y/n) motions Luz to a stop when she sees a large shadow on the wall in front of her.

Foolish children!" The shadow laughs, "leave this place before you meet your demise."

"Do not underestimate us, Garlog. For we are the good witches, Luz and (Y/n), hunters of monsters." Luz then perches the staff on her shoulder like a bazooka. "Now eat this sucka-what?"

The two humans blink when they realized Garlog turns out to be a tiny creature casting a shadow standing in front of a lantern.

(Y/n) picks him up and he lets out a squeak trying to escape, "you're Garlog?" (Y/n) pulls out his wanted poster, depicting him as being much larger and worth 4,000 snails, compares it to the real thing. (Y/n) sneers, "now this is just pathetic."

"Small I may be, but you will soon know fear when I lay waste to all that you-" Garlog gets cut off by King, who eats him whole.

"King, drop it now. Drop it now! You have no idea where he might've been!" (Y/n) takes a step towards King.

King mumbles and runs off.

"Drop it! No! I'm not gonna play right now! King!" Luz yells as she and (Y/n) chases after King.

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。

(Y/n) stretches out her arms as Garlog was is stuffed in a bottle by Luz.

Luz sets her phone against it, before booping Garlog's nose. "Boop!" She turns on camera to start recording. "Hola, Mama! You haven't heard from me in a while. It's been a week and a half since the petrification ceremony."

"A week and a half since we destroyed the portal home. It was the only option. Emperor Belos was going to kill Eda if we didn't hand it over. But we couldn't let him use it, so (Y/n) and I blew it up with some magic fire..." Luz sighs to herself, "she's not gonna understand any of this. That's okay, Luz. Just keep moving forward. This world is filled with inexplicable magical wonders, like this portal key!" Luz pulls out the item in question.

"I don't know if it contains magic, but me and (Y/n) plan on studying all we can, and find a way back home. A-And look!" Luz then turns her phone towards (Y/n) with King, who was hugging the (H/c) haired human's stomach. "We have friends to help us."

"I'm never letting you two go! You're never returning to the human realm!" King declared.

Luz turns the camera back to her, "he doesn't mean that."

"Yes, I do!" King hugs (Y/n) tightly.

Luz then heads down stairs where to Eda was at in the kitchen. She was trying to cast magic by pouring a cup of apple blood.

"This is Eda the Owl Lady," Luz introduced. "The most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles," she says as Eda's magic fails. The bottle explodes, covering Eda in apple blood. "Or at least she was until her curse overpowered her and weakened her magic. She's doing her best now."

Luz then switches to Lilith, who is wearing a new outfit and putting her old one away. "Eda was cursed by her own sister, Lilith. And she spent her entire life looking for a way to undo it. It's still hard for everyone to trust each other, but maybe with time we can all become friends."

Lilith stares out of the open window pensively, a small smile appearing on her.

Lilith jumps when Hooty appears in the window, "Hello!"