The Part where the strongest breaks - Bheem

This is a Mahabharata Fanfiction mostly based on facts we see in Star Mahabharat. The Mahabharat in its entirety holds a lot of facts and is a complicated and marvelous creation, but this is just a fanfiction. There are several facts which were not included/ not correct in Star Mahabharat but I am specifically basing my fanfiction on the serial with some changes. So there will be several anomalies. This story is just meant as an entertainment and there is no intention to hurt anyone's feelings, religious or otherwise. I have just borrowed the characters to weave a storyline.

As always it may take some time to come up with the next chapter due to health reasons. Kindly bear with me as I really intend to take this story to a conclusion. Thank you all for the kind comments and I will always welcome comments and suggestions. You all are truly great readers and encouragers. Thank you and regards. 

8. Bheem

Meanwhile, back at Indraprasth.

Bheem, the second Pandava and the present crown prince of Indraprasth, was striding down the halls of Indraprasth, managing only the barest of acknowledgement for the workers and the soldiers bowing to him. This had been installed in all of them by Yudhistira who believed that no one should be overlooked, even in the direst of circumstances. He was still clutching the letter in his fist; the parchment had already started to rip apart.

Sahadeva had reached out to him hours back when he had had some premonitions and Bheem had seemingly not taken it very seriously. He was worried, but with being the interim ruler of Indraprasth, knew that he needed to keep some thoughts to himself; Sahadeva had already been looking stressed out.

Bheem had asked, "What are you sensing, anuj (younger brother)?"

Sahadeva had taken some time and replied, "It has something to do with Bhrata Arjun and one of our brothers is injured, of that, I am sure."

"Is it Arjun?"

Sahadeva had shrugged, looking worried. "It could be. I cannot be sure of anything, but that Nakul is not the one injured. I would have known...if he.... was the one..." Sahadeva had looked too devastated to continue with the thoughts and Bheem could see some guilt and underlying anger, though he did not know the reason for the same.

"Okay... it's okay. It is probably something minor."

Bheem had briefly hugged his younger brother and then left for his duties but not before cautioning him to avoid saying anything to either Panchali or Subhadra before they had any concrete news. Subhadra was with child, not even four months according to the Raj Vaidya, and any disruptive news could prove harmful for the unborn child's and the mother's health.

Then there came the birds...multiple of them...all carrying the same letter embossed with Hastinapur's seal and in Pitamah's handwriting.

To the Yuvraj of Indraprasth

Dear Bheemsen,

It is with great regret and a heavy heart, that I wish to inform that Prince Arjun has sustained a fairly lethal injury and at this time he lies unconscious. Nakul is tending to him but there is urgent need that Sahadeva comes to Hastinapur to assist him. The manner in which putra Arjun sustained the injury is something which is appalling and also something which I would prefer not to disclose in a letter.

Make arrangements to come to Hastinapur at an earliest. I realize it may not be possible for you to leave the kingdom at this point in time but make sure that Sahadeva departs as soon as this letter reaches you.