The Part where the Lord loses and regains control - Krishna

This is a Mahabharata Fanfiction mostly based on facts we see in Star Mahabharat. The Mahabharat in its entirety holds a lot of facts and is a complicated and marvelous creation, but this is just a fanfiction. There are several facts which were not included/ not correct in Star Mahabharat but I am specifically basing my fanfiction on the serial with some changes. So there will be several anomalies. This story is just meant as an entertainment and there is no intention to hurt anyone's feelings, religious or otherwise. I have just borrowed the characters to weave a storyline.

As always it may take some time to come up with the next chapter due to health reasons. Kindly bear with me as I really intend to take this story to a conclusion. Thank you all for the kind comments and I will always welcome comments and suggestions. You all are truly great readers and encouragers. Thank you and regards.

I am time and again overwhelmed by all the positive comments and encouragement. It means a lot. Thank you all.

16. KRISHNA

There was a cool breeze flowing in from the far away shores of Ganga and it carried through it, the smell of the rains. There was the scent of flowers awash but the stench of the less favourable side of the human emotions almost masked it. Almost but not completely.

Krishna smiled as he sat on the window sill just above Arjun's bed and kept playing the flute. The haunting tunes traversed the room and lulled Krishna into a frenzy of music.

Gazing at the feet so beautiful

It is a treat in itself

A Touch of the Red Soles

It is nothing but bliss... Oh Kanha!

The song had emerged somewhere in Vrindavan, and it used to be sung by the Gopis. Memories from the part flooded his mind. Memories of Gokul, of Vrindavan, of playing with his friends or being carefree even as he was hunted and haunted by Monsters and Ogres. Even as his own maternal uncle had tried to have him killed, before knowing his identity, Krishna had never let go of his childish dreams and frolicking.

He played, he danced, he sang and he played the flute with a gusto that was enviable. He was infamous for being the naughtiest child and famous for being an enigma.

No one could believe that he killed the monsters, or that he danced on the hood of the serpent Kalia or that he had picked up the mountain Govardhan on his little finger but they could not doubt their eyes. Krishna let everybody believe what they wanted to and he spent his days simply doing what was needed.

Krishna never had any dearth of friendship or companionship during his childhood but loneliness had triggered in once they had moved out from Vrindavan. The music of his flute had changed over the years. When he had moved out from Vrindavan, the tune had turned melancholy. Despite being omnipotent and omnipresent, Krishna had intensely and very privately, grieved the separation from Radha.

The flute had changed its tune again; it had become more melancholy and it intensified any feelings of loneliness and grief to an extent that it became pleasant. But there was no comfort to be had in the melody and Krishna did not seek any; for himself or anyone else. It was the time to work, to set up a new city, to stabilize his people and then to restore righteousness in the world.

Then, he had found Arjun. The child he had promised to guide, a promise given to the King of Gods. But he had known that he would not need the backing of any promise.

His friendship with Arjun came easily, too easily he would think. Krishna always thought that he was selfish when it came to his friendship with Arjun. He required Arjun for establishment of righteousness and for the same, Arjun will have to face a lot of difficulties and endure more trials than most. He was well aware that Arjun was no ordinary person, that he was the Nara to Krishna's Narayana.