The Part Where a Friendship Hold strong - Arjun

This is a Mahabharata Fanfiction mostly based on facts we see in Star Mahabharat. The Mahabharat in its entirety holds a lot of facts and is a complicated and marvelous creation, but this is just a fanfiction. There are several facts which were not included/ not correct in Star Mahabharat but I am specifically basing my fanfiction on the serial with some changes. So there will be several anomalies. This story is just meant as an entertainment and there is no intention to hurt anyone's feelings, religious or otherwise. I have just borrowed the characters to weave a storyline.

As always it may take some time to come up with the next chapter due to health reasons and work pressure. Kindly bear with me as I really intend to take this story to a conclusion.

 Thank you all for the kind comments and I will always welcome comments and suggestions. You all are truly great readers and encouragers. Thank you and regards. Take care everyone. 

Warning - This chapter is somewhat darker than the others. Reader's discretion is advised.  

9. Arjun

"Parth....Do you hear me, Parth? Will you not speak to me, Parth? Are you so very angry?"

"No! No, I will not speak to you, Madhav! Where were you for so long? I realize that you are the Dwarkadhish and I am just a Prince, and a banished one at that, but does that mean that you will disappear for years on end, Madhav? I willingly left my family behind but after that first year, I thought that you would grace me with your presence more often. Alas! I was much mistaken."

There was a sharp, musical laughter and a few notes of the flute's melody.

"Oh my dear Parth! You know how things go, and it is not as if you were not busy either."

 There was another musical laughter; Madhav was teasing his friend. "It has come to my knowledge that Arjun, the Gudhakesha, the Sabyasachi may soon get another name as he has become irresistible to women, some of whom even chose to kidnap him in order to marry him."

"Ulupi..." There was forced indignation in Arjun's voice and underlying affection; not love but pure affection.

The laughter came again, and Arjun could feel the softest touch he had ever felt on his shoulder. The scent of Parijat flowers enveloped him, and the flute rendered its softest tunes yet again.

There was silence for a while and then again, "Are you still angry, Parth?"

Arjun sighed. "No Madhav... I was never angry. A little hurt, maybe, but anger is far from what I feel. I have said before and I will say again; you are divine to me, Madhav. You are worship worthy. How can I render such meagre feelings like anger towards you?"

"You believe anger to be a meagre feeling?" Madhav's voice had grown deeper. "There is so much that can be made and even more which can be destroyed through anger. Anger, when used correctly, can be a big motivator and when used senselessly, can destroy the worthiest and the prettiest creations. This is especially true for anger which is left to fester for long."

"Do you really believe that I could be angry to that extent, Madhav?" Arjun sounded pensive. "Could anger ever envelope me to the extent that it renders me blind."

"Maybe it will or maybe it will not." It was Krishna speaking now, speaking in his ever-famous riddles, not his Madhav. Not really.

"What do you mean? Will I or won't I?"