Chapter 37 pt. 1

A.N: This chapter will be divided into two parts

Benjamin's POV

"Just one more minute" I groaned swinging my fist on the bag for another hit.

"Just close up when you're finished. I left the keys on your locker alright?" Mike says walking next to me with his hair all wet and a change of clothes. He puts a hand on my shoulder and looked at me symphatetically "Whatever it is that's keeping you up like this bro, hope you'll be okay" I gave him a weak smile and watched him leave the gym with his bag up on his shoulder before putting my eyes back on the punching bag.

This session was clearly different from the ones I've had before. I was all mad and furious I mean, who wouldn't be? I could easily tear this punching bag apart with all the anger I have. But unfortunately I can't do that because Mike owns this gym. And he's my friend who gives me free unlimited passes here.

My thoughts wandered off to Sam starting a family with another man as I went to land another hit on the bag with sweat forming on my forehead.

It was dreadful to say at least, knowing that one mistake could eventually fuck up your whole life.

If only I knew better...

Before I could even bring myself back to reality I noticed I have been staring on the showers for God knows how long. Shaking my thoughts away I turned off the shower and got a towel and wrapped it around my waist and scurried to the locker room to change

* * * *

I decided to just walk home to keep my mind off things. I parked my car infront Mike's house which was just a few blocks away from the gym and decided to just get it in the morning. I placed my hood on since it gets extra chilly at night and turned around and locked the gym.

"Yeah right..." a familiar voice cursed. I turned around slightly and looked around.

No one

No one was there. Was I hearing things?

Shrugging my thoughts away I picked up my backpack from the ground and started jogging off to my place which is actually a bit far away from here but as I said before, I need to burn my thoughts away.

The moon was showing illuminating the whole area along with the street lights. It was beautiful at night though you can never have something so beautiful keep you up at bay.

There were a few joggers like me on the other side of the street. A few elders and an adult was with them. They were all sharing a laugh or two as they waited for one of their friends that was left behind.

"No, fucking no I have it all under control okay?"

There it was again. I turned around and saw that I wasn't the only jogger on my side of the street. I stopped my tracks and watched him jog before me. He sounded familiar and I know that voice from anywhere

"Once you've done it Sam is no longer in the picture right?"

Mac

I just know it is him. I pulled the strings on my hood more to hide my face and followed him. I have to know what is his business with Sam.

I squinted my eyes and saw that he was on phone with someone.

If only he put it on speaker...

"Are you there yet?" he says stopping his tracks. I quickly hid behind a trash can nearby as he felt my presence. His eyes scanned around the area.

"Yeah...okay.. I'm almost there jeez" he says and started jogging again.

That was a close one

I waited for him to jog a bit more further before following his tracks again. He kept jogging and taking breaks inbetween while talking to the same person I guess... on his phone. I still haven't caught a clue on who he was talking to but from the looks of it. I knew they had a plan. I don't know if it is bad or good but all I know is Sam is in there plan and that is all my concern.

I checked my wrist watch and found out it was almost midnight and yet Mac still haven't stopped his tracks. I wonder where he is headed? I know that he is meeting with this person he's talking to on phone but where? We've already passed by a few shops and restaurants yet he hasn't stopped.

I held my stomach still not stopping my tracks. My stomach was grumbling, of course.

I wasn't able to eat dinner since Mike insisted we would go to the gym by the time I get home. And of course I was still furious by then so I went ahead with his plan not taking notice of my state. I just hoped they'll meet up somewhere that serves food because I'm fucking sure I deserve to eat after this detective thing I've got going on.

"Yup I'm here now could you get off the phone please? I've had enough of your stories pal" he says chuckling as he slowly opens the door into a bistro of some sort.

Finally...

I walked inside and pulled my strings a bit more loose since I obviously looked like a worm with it covering my neck.

The bistro looked like an artist's den if you ask me. There were tons of paintings plastered on the wooden walls. There was also a stage upfront with a guy playing a saxophone which adds more artistic feel to it. There were also booths of velvet seats scattered about. The bistro also had a dim lighting which due to my blindness made it more hard for me to see.

I watched Mac walk up to the counter to order. There were only a few people here a bunch had these fashion thing going on. With the scarves and berets which made me concious of what was I wearing. They might be thinking...

Who the hell let this sweaty man in here?

Then again Mac was also wearing a black tracksuit and a pair of white gym shoes.

I walked up to the counter and picked up my glasses from my bag and placed it on.

"One strawberry and banana milkshake on booth 2 please" he says

Psh how childish

He turned around and bumped to me accidentaly as he did so.

"Oh sorry sir" he says looking at me. I held my head down low and smiled "No worries child" I said with a much more grungier voice. He smiled back and headed to a booth. Surprisingly he didn't took notice of who I was.

Maybe it was the glasses

The clerk asked for my order and I went to a booth near theirs afterwards. I seated behind the back of the person he was with so he can never really see me. But I wasn't able to take notice of who the person was since the seats were blocking the view. It had two- two seaters facing each other and a table between them.

"So about the deal..." a much more grungier voice said. It wasn't familiar to me so I really don't know who he is. "I really don't have a choice do I?" Mac says

"Hate to break it to ya but you really don't"

Mac only hummed in response and took a sip of his milkshake (at least that's what I heard)

"It's okay Mac. Death happens to everyone anyways" he says chuckling

Death?!

"Easy for you to say, you're a heartless soul" Mac says sternly

"Well I am a hitman honey"

*****

Author's Note

*gasps*

OOOOHHHH SNAPPP WYD I END IT HERE HAHAHAHAHA don't you worry i'll be updating again but for now enjoy this cliffhanger you guys i'm sorry but i think this just makes it more intenseee

yeah i'll go to sleep now...

Stay tuned,vote,follow,tell a friend and comment down below if you're excited for the next part ^_^