Chapter 20

_______________

Anon's POV

________________

Poor Samantha Harrison, spent her Christmas Eve with the only person she knows she can trust. But why does death need to get in this conclusion? Why does the good die while the evil still live in captivating the good? This isn't just another truth she can get away from. This is the truth that changes her life in a blink of an eye. Maybe, this isn't her day, maybe its just a very bad day, that things will get better tomorrow. But no, this will change the future, her future. Will she try to make things better? Or will she just give up and reunite with her father? These are the questions that goes through her mind all day, these are the questions needed to be answered by her. And only her. For she has the only power to believe or not to believe in herself.

____________

Sam's POV

____________

"Merry Christmas dad, I miss you so much" I said blowing a kiss to his tombstone. I know I look like some sick psycho in spending Christmas, but who am I blaming anyways.. Oh yeah, I could blame Veronica for not telling me the truth all this time or maybe even Donna, who turned out to be just an 'award-winning actress'  or, Bridgette who seemed to be fucked up as always, or maybe Benjamin for not believing in me in the time of confronting him the truth.. But I guess it all ends up in me, choosing which path to take. Suddenly, my phone rang, the marimba music somehow lightens up the mood.

24 new missed calls and 34 new messages.

From Benjamin, Mac and Veronica. I opened Mac's messages first.

GauthierGunter: Sam! Where are you? Auntie has been calling me.

GauthierGunter: Why won't you answer my calls?!

GauthierGunter: Sam you're scaring me please answer.

GauthierGunter: Really not funny Sam, answer your phone!

GauthierGunter: Sam its Christmas and Im still worried about you please call back.

Does he really care for me? Did he really worry about me? 'Don't Sam, don't. Its all lies' my inner voice crept out. I placed my phone back in pocket and continued my way with my head down, getting through my thoughts.

_________________

Benjamin's POV

_________________

Its morning and Im still worried sick about Sam. Bridgette told me she fought with her mother because of the loss of Christmas presents. But, I really don't think Sam would do such thing. She never complain about the number of presents she receive, she doesn't even care about presents anyways; I tried calling her for about 10 times, still no answer. I texted her for 12 times, still no reply. What's up with Sam?

"Benjamin, Benjamin!!" the voice was muffled from hearing it behind the door. So I can't distinguish to whom it was coming from.

"Coming" I opened the door to see Bridgette's mother, Veronica. "Oh hi Ms-" "Is Samantha here?!" she breathed out. She looks like she haven't slept for years. Her makeup smuged, like she cried everything out. I guided her in. She really looks like a mess.

"Come on in maam, lets talk about this"

--

After an hour of explaining. I finally get why Sam left. And its surely not about the presents. (ill talk to Bridgette about this later)

"Well, thank you for the comfort, I appreciate it, Really" she said smiling down on me

"I should take you home, You probably need some company" and with that we left.