Chapter 38

Sam's POV

I woke up to the scent of burnt bacon and eggs which had been my daily reminder to know that Mac is trying his best in the kitchen again.

I chuckled lightly to myself rubbing my eyes open. I let out a yawn before standing up and pulling my hair all up in a bun. I grabbed a hair tie on the nightstand and secured my bun before heading to the kitchen.

Mac was shirtless holding up a pan of what I guessed had the burnt bacon and eggs. I snaked my arms around his waist and placed a kiss on his back. "Morning"

He turned around and placed the pan on the counter next to us and smiled down on me. "Good morning baby" he says his voice still hoarse meaning he too had just woken up. He pecked my lips and knelt down to place his hands on my stomach "And good morning to you too my baby's baby" he says which made me chuckle. He also planted a few kisses on there before standing back up

"You're such a sap I swear. Oh my God" I said still chuckling and covering my face. He took my hands off and looked at me smiling before kissing my knuckles on both hands. "You're also the worst cook ever"

He gives me a look before leaning down to kiss my neck. "But you love me anyways" He says and moving from my neck to my ear. "And you wanted to spend your whole life with the world's worst sappiest cook that has ever lived" he mumbles placing a kiss under the right side of my ear before wrapping his arms around my waist again.

"Isn't that right Samantha Harrison?" he says with a mischievous grin drawn on his face. "-or should I say... Samantha Harmon?"

I folded my arms across my chest and raised my brow at him. If only I could punch him and make him stop all the sappiness-- but sadly, I really do enjoy it.

"Shut up Mac" I said burying my face on his chest. I felt his hands snake up from my waist to my shoulders slowly pulling me away from him.

He looked down on me with a frown. His eyes were widen and his eyebrows were furrowed into what he claims to be called as his "puppy dog face".

What did I tell you? I'm dating a sap.

"But I really like the sound of that" He says his frown turning into a pout. I chuckled and hit him on the arm lightly. "Yeah? sure, but you've got to get me a ring for that" I said obviously joking but Mac looked at me like he was out for words.

"Shit, Mac I was joking!" I said resisting my urge to laugh at him--which failed afterwards. I closed my eyes laughing at my own joke I don't know if it was just one of my mood swings or something but the look on his face was priceless!

"Come on Sam.." he says poking my sides.

"Okay... ok-okay!" I managed to say inbetween breaths. I opened my eyes and found Mac on his knees infront of me. My mouth suddenly flew open. "Wh-"

"Shh" Mac shushed with a weak smile on his face "I'm not proposing to you yet. But I will do if we left for Hawaii tomorrow" he says standing up and bringing our passports out from his pocket.

I rolled my eyes.

"First of all dear Mac, you almost gave me and your child a heart attack" I said cupping his face with my hands. "Second, I would really appreciate that but I do have to go to the party on Saturday!"

Mac took my hands off and walked away with a frown.

"Mac" I sighed following him to the living room "Babe, this is really important to me and you do know tha-"

"Yeah, but isn't our future more important?" Mac snapped back

Mac never snaps back at me which is why it's surprising he did this in such an odd time.

"Mac! You're acting like I'm cancelling out our wedding!" I shouted out "It's just a proposal geez, you could propose to me right now as we speak!"

Mac gave me a glare covering his face with his hands.

"I wanted it to be special Sam" he mumbles taking his hands off. "It's more than just a propasal to me Sam. A-and you know how sentimental I can be" he trailed on placing my hands on his chest.

"Sam, when I make promises I make it sure that I can live up to them..."

"...and I'm not sure I can promise to be with you forever just yet"

My brows rose in confusion as to what he was trying to say but before I could even get my chance to speak, Mac already swoop me out of my feet and led me out to get breakfast in Mac Donald's with of course, a quick change of clothes since Mac is still half naked.

A part of me is still confused about how weird Mac is getting everyday but another part of me just wants to brush it off and trust whatever that wacko is trying to do or to perceive.

* * *

Author's Note

wat the hell are u tryna say mac?

Just a filler to let you know what Sam thinks about the whole situation but on my next update we'll get to the main part of the story I promise