Chapter 24

AN: This chapter is just some scences with Mac but it has some relations to their future.( a filler for short ) You can skip if you want to. But it would break a  poor little girl's heart :'( (i mean my heart)

Sam's POV

Palms sweating, knees wobling. You can actually tell Im getting nervous in meeting my mom again.

First, I came from college. Not just any college, a world renowened college that would take a million years to pass. Secondly, I left her in Denmark ALONE. The case is still on and the threats are getting deadlier every minute. If anything I could have went back earlier but I can't. She told me to not worry about her so I suppose she's alright?

"Can you stop biting your nails?" Mac chuckled, his eyes still on the road. "I can't." I stuttered looking at him still chewing on them. It was a habit that I do ever since I was a kid to distract me from getting nervous.

He held my hand with his freehand and kissed my knuckles lightly. "Its going to be okay Sam, its not like she'll hate you for coming back late" He was right. She WILL hate me for coming home late.

--

"Woah" is all I can say. The last time I saw the house was when I was 19. It was connected to her salon. But now. Its seperated. And this large building we're entering is my mom's agency.

The door was glass, and it opens and closes for you. Upon stepping in. A large fountain is resting on the center of the floor, large and expensive paintings was plastered on the walls and a warm smiling receptionist was waiting on the desk behind the fountain. Creepy

"Welcome to Feather for Teal fashion agency." a girl who looked like she was in her mid twenties wearing a white suit welcomed us upon entering "I am Anne your receptionist well I guess you know me already Mac" she chuckled "And- ahh is this Ms. Harrison?" I nodded my head slyly. "Oh! Mrs. Harrison will be happy to see you again!" she announced clapping her hands like a freak.

"Does she know you're coming?" I shook my head vigourously "Well, a surprise party it is then. She is at the 6th floor. And I believe she is having a business meeting. I could go and ask Mike to go and fetch some balloons or perha-" "Its alright Anne, we got it all under our control. Sam?" he turned to me "Can you go to the 6th floor and hide in the room with the brown colored door? I'll just go and get the flowers I ordered" he said kissing my forehead, me blushing to his concern for my mother. "I'll meet you there then" as I turned around I could hear Anne and Mac talking behind my back.

"Is Ms. Harrison your girlfriend?" she whispered

"Yup and she won't be a Harrison for long"

I blushed again. If you can only see me now. Im grinning like a creeper.

I hopped in the elevator and pressed the desired button. As people added upon every level we're in. They were giving glances. Not just any glances. But stares. More like you-don't-belong-here stares. I don't blame them, I was the only one wearing a color from a different pallete they were. They look like dumb colorless professionals. But whatever.

As the elevator reached the 6th floor I excused myself from the crowd of people surrounding me.

I was walking through the hallways meeting each door I find. There was this one door that got me amused though. It was a green door with a gold plaque and "Mrs. Green" was written on it. Get it? Mrs. Green? Okay I'll stop.

After some time searching I finally found the door with the brown colored door that Mac told me to stay. I opened it slightly and got in.

I opened the lights and as the light appears to the room. The more beauty it revealed.

It was a large room thats has a desk in the farther edge of the room with a large window behind it. I stepped closer and took in the view from the window up here.

It was breath taking. People look like little ants and the buildings look like building blocks. But the sky was beautiful. Its amazing to think that Denmark is quite a small place but you can be amazed with every single detail of it.

"Sam" I heard a familiar voice coming from the door. I turned my head to see Mac holding a cake and some balloons. "Isn't it amazing?" he said placing down the cake and balloons on the desk and coming closer to me. He hugged me from behind and whispered "But not as amazing as you are" he breathed out, his voice was hoarse

"Happy Birthday Sam!" he yelled and a large bang came after. "Happy Birthday!!" a multiple of voices chanted. I turned around to see a bunch of familiar people gathering around us. Two people was popping up some party poppers and some of them were blowing horns.  I even forgot my own birthday."Oh my God!" I said in the verge of crying

"Happy Birthday sweetie" "Mom?!"

I rushed and hugged my mom but noticed everyone staring. "Uhm sorry, that was uh.." I stated, my mom frowning to my negativity. "Excuse me"

I ran to the comfort room and locked myself in. Cursing myself for acting so childish. I sat on the edge of the sink and played flappy bird for a bit to forget what happened.

"Shit, damn you fucking bird" "Sam?! Sweet heart are you in there?" my mom said knocking on my door. "She might have left Mrs. Harrison" Mac said making an excuse suddenly my phone rang.

GauthierGunter: hey, whats wrong? :/

Me: I was horrible as fuck

GauthierGunter: no you're not :p btw I told her you went out. and I bet she's buying it. come out now

Me: Are you sure she's not there?

GauthierGunter: yeah. come on sam its your birthday stop being so foolish :p

Me: butthurt

I placed my phone back on my pocket and went out. "Mac.." I whispered hugging him. "Im so ashamed of myself" I feel his hand rubbing my back. A thing he does to comfort me "It was nothing Sam, you are her daughter thats what mothers and daughters do" "But she- She's a professional. I tried so hard to make a perfect first impression"

"Sam? Can I talk to you for a minute" mom exclaimed with a stern voice. Mac gave my hand a squeeze before I turned around.

--

"Sam, being in a position like this doesn't change me being a mother" my mom ranted. I kept my head down in shame and disgrace.

"Sam look at me!" she said lifting ny head up to face her, after our eyes met she quickly engulfed us into a hug. "Oh Sam, you don't know how much I miss you. Don't you ever dare think that I wouldn't be happy upon your arrival. Sam. Im happy as a grinning meerkat, can't you see?" she continued with a smile on her face "Now we need some catching up to do.. Say, how's Mac?" upon hearing his name my face can't help but brighten up with a huge grin. And boy was I grinning like a freak.

"He's perfect mom. Its like he came out from a fairytale! Just perfect!" I exclaimed "I think.. He is the one for me mom" she shrugged off and turned around to look at the huge window "I see.. He did made this whole birthday get up for you"

"Get up? Wha-" "I have a bad feeling about him.. He never talks about his personal life. Not that, we need to know every detail about his life. I mean, he does need his privacy and I respect that. But-" "Mom!" "Alright alright, I can see you really love him and Im happy for you. But I trust my instincts.. So just, keep an eye out for him would ya?"

"I promise" I said not giving a point to what she had just explained. I mean as much as I trust my mother, I trust Mac too. "Now lets go to Lego Land shall we?"

Author's Note:

Yanno.. mother knows best.. ;)

Please don't forget about this book! Reading can help your eyes and your eyes can help you see the beauty of the earth. So DON'T STOP READING!

Votes for the next update???

Love ya guyss xoxoxoxox

BTW ill be updating tomorrow I mean later cuz its like midnight and I can't sleep .-.

Stay tuned,follow,tell a friend,vote and comment down below if you had a nice sleep .-.