Chapter 2: The Interview

Chapter 2

The Interview

  (2nd Main Character; Jenna Reeds, 20 years old, 6'2, long ashy blonde hair with curtain bangs and blue-ish gray eyes.)

Skye's POV;

  It's now 12 am and Skye has gone home,

  I quietly opened the front door and walked in. "Sooo..sommeone got fired," Hunter slurred as he leaned against the doorway of the kitchen. Fucking great, just what I needed. My abusive boyfriend is drunk and is about to have his way with me. "Yes, I got fired because I had to go to the hospital instead of going to work," I said in a hushed but pissed off tone. Hunter rips his belt off and walks towards me. Well, more like stumbling towards me. "B-but I have a job interview at 11 am today," I said quickly before he could hit me.

  "Then I guess I can't leave any visible marks," he said determinedly. I braced myself. He took me by my shoulders and threw me on the floor. "This will be your punishment for the next few weeks," Hunter said as he brutally kicked my rib cage. I covered my mouth to silent my cries of pain. If I didn't things would've gotten worse. And I really don't need that right now. After a minute, he decided that he was done kicking me. "Stupid bitch," He said as he headed off to bed. I waited until I heard the bedroom door close.

  "Ahh," I hissed as I slowly sat up. It took me a minute, but eventually I was able to stand up again. I lifted my shirt to see the damage. It's already all sorts of colors, but nothing is broken. He's broken a few of my ribs before, so I know how that feels. That's how I know they are not broken..this time. I grab an ice pack from the freezer, plug my phone in and go to sleep on the couch.

The next morning,

  It was the same routine. Wake up before Hunter, eat if I can and go shower at the gym. The only thing that is different about today is the interview. I get up and go to the bathroom. While in the bathroom, I took another look at my ribs. Now my whole stomach is multiple different colors. Great. I grab a clean pair of clothes, my phone, coat and purse then leave. I still have shampoo and such from the gym yesterday. So I won't need to grab any today.

At the gym,

  I'm not going to bother looking for food here today. So instead I'll just sit at the bar and play on my phone for a little, before I take a shower. Sitting down in the kitchen, I pull out my phone and try to relax for a moment. I heard someone else in the kitchen, but I didn't care enough to see who it was. "Eat," The strange woman from yesterday placed a banana in front of me. I looked at her confused again. "Same thing as last time, I'm not taking it back and you will eat it," She said, leaving the kitchen.

  Why is the woman being so rude, yet kind at the same time. Is she really just trying to be nice? Or does she just feel bad or something. Whatever the case may be, I will happily eat the banana. I wish she would stay long enough for me to at least thank her. So I ate the banana as I played a game on my phone. As soon as I was done eating, I went straight to the showers.

  I just brushed my teeth while I was in the shower. And basically the whole time I was in the shower, I couldn't get that woman off my mind. There's something about those eyes. They're stern and look like they've seen some things. But they also look like they're hiding something. I wonder what that 'something' could be. And her hair looks so soft, part of me wants to run my hand through her hair. This is really weird. Normally I'd find myself comparing myself to other girls. But here I am thinking of this woman in a different way. Am I gay?

  Now that I think about it, I've never actually been attracted to men. Not even in an emotional way. I don't have time to question my sexuality right now. I have to finish getting ready for this interview. I hopped out of the shower, dried off and got dressed. Then I used the gym's hair dryer to dry my hair. I've decided to leave it down today. It'll hide the bruise on my head better, especially with my bangs. After drying my hair, you could still see a small part of the bruise. It should be okay though, as long as no one gets too close, they won't see it.