forty two

"Hold my hand, you giant idiot."

Jungsu laughed as he took Jooyeon's hand in his own from across the table, intertwining their fingers playfully. "There, I'm holding your hand," Jooyeon huffed, raising the other hand to Jungsu's hair. "Hyeongjunnie and I hung out at Starlight yesterday. He was looking extremely adorable so I gave him a kiss. Is that okay?"

"Anything to make him more comfortable," Jungsu replied, allowing the other to ruffle his hair playfully. "I'm going to dye it, by the way. Say goodbye to my blonde hair forever."

"Why would you do that?!" Jooyeon exclaimed weakly, his shoulders slumping in mild disappointment. "It's your trademark. It suits you so well!"

"Well, Hyeongjun is okay with it," Jungsu scoffed playfully. "I'm doing it this Saturday afternoon, so it doesn't matter."

Jooyeon simply pouted, releasing Jungsu's hand. "Whatever. But I'd like to know some things, if it's okay. How did you and Hyeongjun meet, seeing as you're going to different schools?"

"Jjunnie and I met when we were kids," Jungsu replied. "We attended the same primary school, and he was always quiet and alone. I was his first friend, and it stayed that way for a while. We were best friends for the longest time until recently when we... started dating. We're still best friends, but it's a little different this time around."

"So friends to lovers?"

"Something like that," Jungsu replied with a smile. "I hope it can be the same way with us."

"Well, thank God we like each other."

"You two are gross."

Jooyeon laughed as Jiseok sat down beside him, putting his head on his shoulder affectionately. "Feel weird about your friends dating?"

"A little," Jiseok replied, pushing Jooyeon's head away. "You've got a boyfriend for that now, go put your head on his shoulder." Jooyeon pouted as he ignored his friend, putting his head on his shoulder again. "Anyway — how does it feel? To have two boyfriends?"

"Feels normal," Jungsu replied. "Twice the love, I suppose. I've got two very pretty boys with me, I couldn't be happier."

Jooyeon grinned widely, hitting Jiseok on his arm. "Oh my God, he thinks I'm pretty, Jiseokie. Does your boyfriend think you're pretty?"

"Very much."

"I have never had an original thought, have I?"

"Doesn't seem so." Jiseok paused before he realised something. "Wait, are you two already together?"

"We've known one another since we started speaking," Jungsu said with a slight laugh. "It was an eventuality that we would get together. Well, Hyeongjun was the first to bring up his little crush on Jooyeon. Now that we're all together, he's so happy and cute about it."

Jiseok raised an eyebrow before shaking his head. "Is this really what Seungmin and I look like to the rest of the world? I didn't think we'd be so grossly in love like you two."

"To be fair, we're excited to be in love," Jooyeon pointed out, earning a glare from his best friend. "Hey, you two have become really serious recently. He even dropped out of school to move in with you."

"Hey, he didn't drop out because of me," Jiseok said quickly. "He just... didn't enjoy school. However, he was contacted by a college after applying, so... I think he'll be in a better place after this. But we've made the decision that he'll be living with me after I finish high school because that's where we want to be. His mother isn't a saint, but... she's trying."

"Same with my mom," Jungsu said with a nod after putting food in his mouth. "When I told her I'm dating Hyeongjun, she was rather confused and was yelling a lot. But she eventually accepted it and she adores him anyway. I don't think I can tell her I have two boyfriends, she'll probably disown me."

"My family treats Seungmin like he's part of the family," Jiseok chuckled. "My grandma loves him more than I do. They hang out during the day, too. Jeez, he's replacing me as the family favourite."

"Inevitable."

"Fuck you, Jooyeon."

"Do it yourself, coward."

"Are we going to Starlight after school?" Jungsu asked, looking at the two with stuffed cheeks. Jooyeon hummed before nodding. "We should take the time to see Hyeongjun more often since we see each other during school."

"You're right, I need to kiss him," Jooyeon hummed with a nod. "Do you think he'll be willing to sleep over at my house? I just want to get as close as possible with him."

"You're already making out without me," Jungsu pouted, crossing his arms across his chest. Jooyeon leaned over the table and pressed a soft kiss to Jungsu's forehead, causing the other to grin brightly. "Fine, you're forgiven."

"You're making me miss Seungmin," Jiseok complained as he stole from Jungsu's food. "No matter, he's picking me up from school anyways. We won't be seeing you after school, unfortunately — we're going on a mini date."

"Nice, enjoy," Jooyeon hummed, finally lifting his head from Jiseok's shoulder. "Seems like we're drifting apart with how often we're seeing our boyfriends. At least let us hang out at school, okay?"

"I miss Hyeongjunnie," Jungsu muttered. "Do you think he's on lunch right now?"

"We have lunch at the same time," Jiseok nodded, crossing his arms over the table. "I would call Seungmin but he's out at Dongdaemun with my grandma to go shopping. Gosh, she loves hanging out with him."

"Granny had always been so social," Jooyeon pointed out. "So he's just living with you, huh? And your parents are okay with it? That's extremely lucky — your parents are so cool."

"Well... they want what's best for me. Isn't that being happy?"