Do You?

3rd person's POV

"It's not a joke! I saw it with my own eyes!" the girl said, almost like a holler. Despite not being alone in the café, she didn't feel any sort of embarrassment.

"Okay, Haerin. Tone down your voice, please. Everyone is looking at us" the oldest girl out of three tried hushing the loud girl, placing a finger before her lips.

"but Hanni unnie won't listen to me, Minji unnie" this time, Haerin managed to say it 'quietly' with her typical tone, which sounded like a crying cat.

Minji just shook her head, completely bewildered by the situation. Should she keep listening to Haerin's talk about a superhero- or at least a person with something peculiar in this world that Haerin met last night? Or decides to agree with Hanni who thinks it's just mere fiction.

She's closer to Hanni's side, to be honest...

"Yah, I watch animation a lot, but I know how to differentiate reality from fantasy. How am I supposed to believe it if you don't even have any proof?" with that Hanni continued eating her blueberry cheesecake, fresh from the oven.

Haerin with no response grabbed her americano and took a sip. Right, she didn't take any photos, how was she supposed to prove her argument? Everything she said would sound like nonsense.

With that short moment of silence, Minji just remembered that they are in a cafe, in the middle of the town, filled with many regulars. Although those eyes slowly left them because their noise was no longer being loud, Minji could still feel the embarrassment. She didn't think her day would go like this.

Not allowing this situation to happen again any time soon, Minji tried being as neutral as she could be. "Haerin, can you elaborate on your story in detail? So we can understand you better?" Minji looked into the girl's eyes as if her story was a serious issue.

The said girl is contemplating whether to tell them again or not, afraid of getting more denials. Haerin hates it when no one believes her. She would never tell a lie, well sometimes.... It's her dignity as a journalist.

However, it felt nice to have someone who would listen and understand you. Haerin knew that her curiosity wouldn't stop there. If she had someone that acknowledge the topic she was interested in, at the end of the day, she could eagerly share her feeling and frustration.

"Yesterday night, I took a stroll around our apartment building. As you guys already know, there's a building under construction and it's been abandoned for years now"

Haerin stopped first, hesitating to say the continuation.

"I heard... gunshot sounds. Yes, sound(s)" Their faces look at Haerin in disbelief. Not even a minute and Haerin thought to herself that she should have lied.

"And you checked them out? Haerin- I know you're always eager to search for new information since you are a journalist, but you shouldn't get yourself into trouble. You didn't even ask for my permission to go outside"

"You should have called the police"

Minji and Hanni talked in consecutive order. They knew very well that Haerin was passionate about her occupation. She's been ordinarily busy, that's why they always free up their weekend to accompany Haerin.

However, to check the source of the sound that you don't usually hear in South Korea is just too naive. It's like following the strange sound in horror films just because of curiosity –and that's how usually the terror starts.

"No, you don't understand. The fight was nearly finished by the time I arrived at a certain floor. If I had hesitated, I wouldn't have met the situation. I couldn't just wait for the police to arrive there" Haerin explains.