Carefree

3rd person's POV

A lot of notifications come out from Haerin's phone. Most are from her colleagues and boss, telling her to do a good job. It seems like the news has spread so fast. Haerin has no idea that she would interview Heesoo alone. She could have prepared a nice place...

In the end, Haerin brings Heesoo to the cafe she is used to visiting, at Y/n's shift. Since she doesn't bring Minji or Hanni as backups, she has to brace herself.

"Good afternoon, welcome to Spotilist. What can I get for you today?" as expected, Y/n greets Haerin brightly. She doesn't mind the figure standing next to Haerin, wearing a weird-looking mask.

"Avocado latte for me and...." Haerin looks at Heesoo, waiting for her order.

"Classic milk tea 70% sugar with pudding" Haerin seems to be amazed, that girl doesn't know about newspapers and magazines, yet her preference.... well, food is the most important.

Actually, Haerin is about to offer if Heesoo wants a piece of cake or maybe bread as well, but she won't be able to explain it if the latter asks the difference between them, so Haerin orders blueberry cheesecakes for both of them right away.

"You can sit somewhere and I will bring your orders when they are ready. Don't be shy, you can ask me anything if you need something" Haerin assumes the last sentence is meant for Heesoo. She guesses that the hero doesn't even feel embarrassed, just... Reticent?

They sit near the cafe's door, beside the glass window. Haerin sets the recorder and her questions ready.

"Before we start, I just want to tell you something. Don't lie, okay?"

Heesoo nods in response.

The interview goes well, Heesoo's answers are something Haerin doesn't expect. Actually, not really...

"I think this will be the question that most people are curious about, why do you decide to show yourself just now? And what have you been doing all this time?"

"I spend my time mostly at home. For this reason, this world already has so many heroes. I mean you have Power Rangers, SuperMan, etc. I'm not really needed here"

Haerin can't reply. It's too ridiculous. If anything Heesoo sees is real, probably half the people in this world are truly gone because of Thanos'

Heesoo has told her that she's not from that world, so Haerin guesses that the hero gives a reasonable answer that can be accepted by the people. Although her existence itself is the opposite of what she has said.

"Your name will probably be used in society's conversation from now on, do you have a hero name perhaps?" Haerin continues to the next question, as many others are waiting to be spoken out.

"As long as it's not Sticky Girl, I'm okay with anything, but Heesoo... is the name I currently use, so feel free to call me that"

Through that interview, Haerin can see how mature Heesoo is, though she can be a kid sometimes. Haerin is definitely having fun with the hero. It's just like her prediction, that Heesoo can bring a new world to her. Something that sounds very ambiguous brings a big change in her life.

She only looked at Y/n before, it was her purpose for coming here. Anything she tries to do with Y/n feels so wrong, but with Heesoo, it's just nothing. She doesn't feel the erroneousness around her.

However, if Haerin decides to run after Heesoo, then her effort to run away to search for a new start will be in vain.

She believes in everything 'her Y/n' says to her. Many things are prepared beforehand. She abandons her friends and family, her reputation, just to follow someone's dream.

Haerin can basically become someone else in this world, but she decides not to. She just wants to live normally, without any pressure, without any expectations, and without any power.

She just smiles, why does she think about that suddenly? She's living the life she wants. With the job she wants, with the friends she cherishes, and with Heesoo in front of her, enjoying her pudding milk tea, she has no problem being involved in someone's story.